Similar to the Maxspect Gyre flow pump, the IceCap K3 is capable of generating the iconic GYRE water movement within aquariums without breaking the bank. Single magnetic mount makes the pump simple to install. 5 Controllable flow modes and programable 24hr flow period.
Why gyre generator and not wavemaker?
Wavemakers excel in making waves, while waves are spectacular to watch in motion, they are in fact moving the majority of the water vertically up and down, with relatively low horizontal movement, especially near the bottom of the aquarium.
On the other hand, gyre generators excel in moving sheer flow of water from one side of the aquarium to the other. The sheer flow of water is so strong that i would bounce back from the opposite site to achieve full circulation within an aquarium, ie. generating "gyre flows".
- Unique Gyre Flow - Virtually Eliminates Dead Spots
- Evenly Distributed Linear Flow
- Discrete Design
- Twin Directional Flow Cages
- Waterproof Magnet Mount
- Controller with Mountable Cradle
- 5 Flow Modes
- 24 Hour Program Cycle
- Technology licensed by Maxspect
Flow Rate: ~3000gph
Power Consumption: 40w-8w
Ideal for Aquariums: 25 -100gal
IceCap 3K Pump with Magnet Mount, Controller with mount, Power Supply and operation instructions.
Power Supply Unit
100-240V / 50-60Hz 1.5A
Cable Length: 6.5ft controller to pump), 5ft (power supply to controller)
*Specifications are subject to change without notice. Weight and dimensions are approximate.
12 Months Limited Warranty
love this thing!
Posted by Unknown on May 4th 2017
very satisfied with the overall performance of this pump in my 40b. using constant flow @ 10% and it def keeps everything moving in the tank. Will be adding another soon to mix things up a little bit.
Posted by Mike Tseng on Apr 24th 2017
If you're slightly interested in getting a gyre over a standard traditional wave maker, just buy this. The amount of flow it gives to the tank in a circular motion is amazing.
Killer Pump After Break-In
Posted by Unknown on Apr 4th 2017
I bought this pump because I wanted something different than the typical powerhead style pumps. I also heard great things about the Maxspect Gyre pumps and how they keep flow moving throughout the entire tank without the need for more than one pump in most cases. This 3k version seemed like just the ticket for me.
I have to say I was a little worried when I turned it on to cycle my dry rock in a large plastic tub. The pump was noticeably LOUD for the first few hours to the point where I contacted the manufacturer. They said that the motor will become quieter with time. They were right. Even in two days I could only hear it when standing within 5 feet or so of the pump running. Two weeks in and I had to put my ear up next to it to really notice it. Now a month later, it is one of the quietest pieces of equipment for my Red Sea Max E170. Between this thing and setting the right angle of the return pump for my tank, I don't see myself needing any other pumps for flow. Time will tell, but with proper aquascaping and planning my rock structure, I don't think I'll have any clearly noticeable dead spots for flow. I doubt if I'll ever use it over 40% power (which is a TON of flow) for any reason with my tank size. I could easily see this being a great pump for 100 gallon+ setups.
The build quality is superb of both the controller and the pump from my experience thus far. It feels well built, the magnet is VERY strong, and the controller is intuitive and even looks great with the anodized blue aluminum style casing. I really like how you can set a schedule for the pump to change up the flow pattern throughout the day. One thing to keep in mind from what I've read online is that the reverse Gyre flow mode requires a different set of propellers to operate to its full potential. If I use it with the standard set, it just creates a turbulent flow against the back of the pump casing. This is still certainly a usable function, but it isn't the same power in reverse as it is forward without the supplemental propeller set to operate in this function.
The cables for both the pump and controller are plenty long. The quick disconnect function will be a life saver for cleaning in the future to remove the pump without unplugging or hauling the controller or full power cable to the sink to clean it.
One thing that was surprising was that it didn't come with mounting hardware for the controller mounting bracket. I just went to Home Depot and spent $2 to get what I needed, so it wasn't a huge deal but a bit of an inconvenience.
After all is said and done, I would highly recommend this pump to anyone in the hobby. It is a great value at this price point, extremely versatile with the included controller, and well made. CoralVue's customer support was quick to respond within about 24 business hours and were very helpful and willing to answer my questions. Just keep that break-in period in mind if you purchase and don't be surprised by the initial noise.
There are tons of online stores out there, Why are we Different?
- Free Shipping on EVERYTHING - No Minimum Purchase, Everything we sell ships Free at no cost to you. Red Sea Aquariums, Salt, Sand, Chillers, Everything.
- Free Stuff - We offer tons of Free Samples, Shirts, Stickers and plenty more just for giving us your business!
- 5% Future Rewards for EVERYONE - Our Reward Points NEVER EXPIRE! There are no Preferred Clubs or Groups to Join.
- Free Returns - Returns of any Items (Both Brand New and USED) within 30 days are Always FREE! We personally strive to never have any returns.
- Apple Pay - You can checkout with Apple Pay, submit your order with your thumbprint and we will never see your payment information. Awesome!
- Military & Civil Service Discount - As a small token of our appreciation, we offer a Military & Civil Servant discount. A Bonus 5% Reward Points on 90% of what we carry. SaltwaterAquarium.com deeply appreciates all military men and women & first responders for their service.
- Automatic Price Matching - Just click the Price Match button under Add to Cart. No need to email your price match.
- Text Message 717.408.8337 Support - No one uses the phone anymore, just text us 717.408.8337. We will do our best to help!
- Live Chat - We offer LIVE WEB CHAT Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm EST. Get instant access to our customer support & your questions answered.
- Credit Card Security - We do not keep any Credit Card Numbers on File. Our checkout page is plugged directly into paypal credit services so we don't even know your card number when you order.
- Website Security HTTPS - Our entire site is HTTPS Secure, not just the checkout page. Your entire browsing session is encrypted and secure. We have an ESV level SSL Certificate which includes business identity authentication, strong 256-bit encryption, 2048-bit root, $1.5M USD warranty & a GeoTrust dynamic Secured Seal trust mark.
Have questions? Just ask - firstname.lastname@example.org or Text Message us at 717.408.8337