The real pleasures of an aquarium are often overshadowed by the struggle of upkeep. Worse yet, aquatic animals are unnecessarily sacrificed everyday when parameters like temperature drift into lethal ranges due to failed equipment or other mishaps. A proper monitoring and control system for your aquarium solves both these problems. And while the Apex has been out for years, we wanted to create a more affordable, entry-level model for our customers – this is the ApexEL.
The ApexEL System includes probes for Temperature and pH. The pH probe is double-junction as well so it holds calibration longer and has a longer lifespan than single-junction probes.
The ApexEL makes keeping your aquarium easier while also monitoring key parameters such as temperature, pH, and the health of your connected equipment, for under $500*
APEXel – THE ENTRY LEVEL APEX
- Lower cost version of its big-brother Apex
- Prevents catastrophes by monitoring temperature and pH in your aquarium, takes corrective actions for you, and alerts you via your smart phone when things go off track.
- Monitors your equipment – ensuring it is operating correctly at all times – and lets you know when it’s not.
- iPhone, iPad, or Android app controlled. Also works on PC or Mac using any common web browser.
- Tracks your manual test results, maintenance, livestock purchases, and tank observations and helps you correlate issues in your aquarium to the things that are happening inside.
- Manages the full operation of equipment (lights, pumps, filters, ATO, etc.) on your tank with simple setup “Tasks” and an easy to use app.
- Takes the place of many costly and cumbersome discrete components such as light timers, heater controllers, pump controllers, etc.
- Expandable – Add more monitoring and control features as well as specialized Apex-ecosystem hardware as your needs require
- Gives you the peace of mind to know how your aquarium is doing, instantly, from anywhere in the world.
The ApexEL is a self-contained monitoring platform built for reliability – for when things go wrong – It’s not just a toy to play with when everything is A-OK.
A perfect example of this is that unlike other cloud-based IoT devices or aquarium controllers, every ApexEL has a built in web-server (tech talk for its control software and built-in web interface) with complete functionality – even if the internet is down! This is important, see why. . .
Let’s say you have a power outage and want your aquarium to take the appropriate actions to maintain the fish and corals for the longest time possible. Or, what if the internet is down (or a company’s cloud servers) and you simply want to manually turn on your lights or turn off your skimmer.
Some aquarium devices work ONLY via their online cloud service, so when the internet is down or slow, you are out of luck. With the ApexEL, even if the internet is down, your tank will continue operating without interruption and you still can have complete control locally from your mobile device.
Both the ApexEL and the Energy Bar 832 have an innovative attachment system that makes it easy to mount them up and also give convenient access to all the connections. The Apex mounts with just two screws. It has a hinged mount where you can flip it up, make your connections, and then flip it down, making it more difficult for water to enter the electronics via a cable. The Energy Bar 832 has a mounting bracket you screw to the wall with just three screws and then the Energy Bar slides down onto the bracket.
In this short video Terence shows you how easy it is to get your tank connected to the Apex. You can get the basics done in less than 15 minutes. Be sure to check out the Neptune Systems Community is at www.neptunesystems.com/forum or our easy to follow Get Started guides at www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted
Set up the new...In this short video Terence shows you how easy it is to get yo...
VIP Customer Reviews
Community Product Reviews
Posted by Unknown on Aug 21st 2018
After debating a long time on whether to purchase this item I took the plunge with the new EL version to save cost. This is a great piece of equipment and gives me piece of mind. I also purchased a pm1 and FMM for leak detection and now monitor my reef tank and my freshwater tank with this one controller. Highly recommend. Saltwater aquarium is top notch and want to give them props for super fast shipping and great packaging. A++
There are Tons of Online Stores out there, Why are we Different?
- Pay with Amazon Pay - No need to type in billing, shipping addresses or credit card info, just log in to amazon and select the info you already have saved with amazon to puchase from us! Easy, simple and quick.
- Free Shipping on Everything - No Minimum Purchase, We don't try to nickle and dime you with low shipping minimum purchase requirements.
- Free Stuff - We offer tons of Free Samples, Shirts, Stickers and plenty more just for giving us your business!
- Up to 5% Future Rewards for EVERYONE - There are no Preferred Clubs or Groups to Join.
- Free 2 Day Shipping - Free 2 Day Shipping on Products $35+ from select manufactures.
- PayPal Financing - Want to buy a new tank without having to pay for all of it upfront? No Problem, use you Payapl Credit program to spread out the payments.
- Free Returns - Returns of any Items (Both Brand New and USED) within 30 days are Always FREE! We personally strive to never have any returns.
- Apple Pay - You can checkout with Apple Pay, submit your order with your thumbprint and we will never see your payment information. Awesome!
- Military & Civil Service Discount - As a small token of our appreciation, we offer a Military & Civil Servant discount. A Bonus 5% Reward Points on 90% of what we carry. SaltwaterAquarium.com deeply appreciates all military men and women & first responders for their service.
- Automatic Price Matching - Just click the Price Match button under Add to Cart. No need to email your price match.
- Text Message 717.408.8337 Support - No one uses the phone anymore, just text us 717.408.8337. We will do our best to help!
- Live Chat - We offer LIVE WEB CHAT Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm EST. Get instant access to our customer support & your questions answered.
- Credit Card Security - We do not keep any Credit Card Numbers on File. Our checkout page is plugged directly into paypal credit services so we don't even know your card number when you order.
- Website Security HTTPS - Our entire site is HTTPS Secure, not just the checkout page. Your entire browsing session is encrypted and secure. We have an ESV level SSL Certificate which includes business identity authentication, strong 256-bit encryption, 2048-bit root, $1.5M USD warranty & a GeoTrust dynamic Secured Seal trust mark.
Have questions? Just ask - firstname.lastname@example.org or Text Message us at 717.408.8337