The ATK (Automatic Top-off Kit) is a simple, standalone, and complete solution for replacing water lost to evaporation.
- Plug and play ready. No mounts to assemble. No bare wires to attach.
- 3 Levels of Safety Protection!
- Two optical water-level sensors (one for water level and one for emergency back up)
- IQ-Fill water run-time intelligence – learns how much water you use at each top-off
- Mechanical float valve prevents water overrun if electronics should ever fail
- Does NOT rely on ANY fault-prone mechanical float switches, temperature sensors, or capacitive sensors!
- Works Standalone (NO APEX NECESSARY!)
- Advanced features are unlocked when connected to an Apex (i.e. remote failure notification via text, email, or iOS alert)
- Includes PMUP, a powerful 24VDC pump that can push water vertically up to 14’
- Audible failure alarm
- Additional features with optional accessories
The new aquarium hobbyist has many challenges, but none is more annoying than the chore of adding water, every day, to make up for that lost to evaporation (a.k.a. topping off/up). This alone usually makes the automatic top-off (ATO) device the first piece of automation equipment purchased.
The ironic flip side of this decision is that a faulty ATO device is one of the leading reasons for catastrophic aquarium failure, or even worse, flooding of the house or business.
Not all ATO devices are created equal. Sadly, many ATO on the market are made with cheap components, have very little protection against these catastrophes, and are just a nightmare to assemble and install correctly.
Three Levels of Security
1. Backup Optical Sensor - Should the main water level sensor fail, this second optical sensor is the backup. If water continues past the primary sensor, and then covers this one, the pump will be shut off and an alarm will sound.
2. IQ-Fill – Water run-time intelligence - If both the primary water sensor AND the backup optical sensor fail, the algorithm used in the ATK will not add more than double the learned water amount. It will shut itself off and sound an alarm.
3. Physical float valve – the final backstop
If for some reason all the electronic fail safes do not work, and water is continuing to be sent to the aquarium, the mechanical float valve is the safety device that will stop the water and prevent death to your aquarium and water on your floor.
An ATO does not have to be both a blessing and a curse!
We designed our ATK – Automatic Top-Off Kit to not only be super-simple to install and use, but it is unique in the market as an ATO device with three layers of redundant monitoring and water-level control. The ATK does the work for you, while at the same time protecting your tank and your home.
The ATK Includes:
- FMM – Fluid Monitoring Module (runs standalone)
- Pre-assembled water level mechanism with:
- Magnetic acrylic mount (works up to 1/4″ glass/acrylic)
- Two (2) optical water level sensors
- Float valve
- 90 degree tubing fitting
- PMUP ATO Pump
- 24V 36W power supply
- 4m of orange RO tubing
- 3/8″ -> 1/4″ push-fit adapter fitting
- 1/4″ -> 1/4″ push-fit siphon break
- Set-screw for non-float-valve applications
VIP Customer Reviews
Community Product Reviews
Showing reviews 1-5 of 7 | Next
Very annoying the alarm keeps going on for no reason
Posted by Romel Cordova on Dec 2nd 2017
The alarm keeps turning on every time the pump turns on
A must have!
Posted by Susy on Jul 24th 2017
This ATO kit is a must have because of all the daily evaporation that happens. Unless you want to manually pour in fresh water into your aquarium on a daily basis to maintain salinity, you need to get one of these. It is fully controllable with the apex controller, and its easy to set up right out of the box. If you have an apex controller, go to the Task section, and there is an automatic set up that will walk you through the process.
Another winner from Apex
Posted by Daniel Melton on Jul 6th 2017
This unit not only monitors my water level but has the capability to alarm if the water level is to high or if the water resivoir is low. (With additional eye sensor) It is a stand alone unit or can be tied on to your Apex units to send you alarms via email. It also has a capability to tie in a moisture sensors for leak detection. I used the ATK to replace the unit in my Red sea 450 which continually had issues. I set the unit up on about 10 minutes (because i needed to reverse the float and sensors)The quality is top of the line and would expect no less from Neptune. All on all this unit is more than what I expected. Would highly recommend it.
Posted by Jared on Jun 23rd 2017
I upgrade to the ATK from a Tunze osmolator. As the other reviewer said, the little pump is powerful and very quiet. I first installed the ATK stand alone. Super simple setup - 5 minute process. A few days later I connected it to my Apex. Super easy process again. Just remember to update the ATK module, as you may have limited functionality in ApexFusion until it has been complete. Would recommend to anyone looking for an ATO.
Posted by Chad on Jun 21st 2017
Absolutely awesome product I have mine installed in basement feeds tank upstairs..Word of caution you will need to drill whole in floor larger than Orange feed tube because the 2 sensor also have to fit through hole...Second make SURE hole does not pinch Orange feed cable. Neptune and I went through dozens of emails trying to figure out why I had intermittent alarms and feed pump issues only to find I drilled hole to small and was pinching Orange feed tube. Customer support is amazing replyed on weekends.....
Showing reviews 1-5 of 7 | Next
There are tons of online stores out there, Why are we Different?
- Free 2 Day Shipping - Free 2 Day Shipping on Products $35+ from select manufactures.
- Free Shipping on EVERYTHING - No Minimum Purchase, Everything we sell ships Free at no cost to you. Red Sea Aquariums, Salt, Sand, Chillers, Everything.
- Free Stuff - We offer tons of Free Samples, Shirts, Stickers and plenty more just for giving us your business!
- Up to 5% Future Rewards for EVERYONE - There are no Preferred Clubs or Groups to Join.
- Free Returns - Returns of any Items (Both Brand New and USED) within 30 days are Always FREE! We personally strive to never have any returns.
- Apple Pay - You can checkout with Apple Pay, submit your order with your thumbprint and we will never see your payment information. Awesome!
- Military & Civil Service Discount - As a small token of our appreciation, we offer a Military & Civil Servant discount. A Bonus 5% Reward Points on 90% of what we carry. SaltwaterAquarium.com deeply appreciates all military men and women & first responders for their service.
- Automatic Price Matching - Just click the Price Match button under Add to Cart. No need to email your price match.
- Text Message 717.408.8337 Support - No one uses the phone anymore, just text us 717.408.8337. We will do our best to help!
- Live Chat - We offer LIVE WEB CHAT Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm EST. Get instant access to our customer support & your questions answered.
- Credit Card Security - We do not keep any Credit Card Numbers on File. Our checkout page is plugged directly into paypal credit services so we don't even know your card number when you order.
- Website Security HTTPS - Our entire site is HTTPS Secure, not just the checkout page. Your entire browsing session is encrypted and secure. We have an ESV level SSL Certificate which includes business identity authentication, strong 256-bit encryption, 2048-bit root, $1.5M USD warranty & a GeoTrust dynamic Secured Seal trust mark.
Have questions? Just ask - firstname.lastname@example.org or Text Message us at 717.408.8337