Bio Calcium Supplement Powder (1800 g - 64 oz) - Tropic Marin
Biologically ideal calcium supplement for reef aquariums using the Balling method
Calcium is one of the most important elements in seawater, as together with carbon dioxide it is required for the skeletons of fishes and corals in the form of calcium carbonate. For this reason, calcium should be added to reef aquariums in particular, in order to enable the healthy growth of stony coral and create natural conditions. With Tropic Marin® Bio-Calcium the tank receives exclusively carbon dioxide and calcium in the biologically-ideal form in accordance with the Balling Method. In contrast to other calcium supplements, Tropic Marin® Bio-Calcium does not disturb the ionic balance and the pH value remains stable.
- Biologically ideal calcium supplement for reef aquariums using the Balling Method
- The crystalline form means there is only one component instead of the usual three
- Supply calcium and alkalinity without disturbing the ionic balance
- Contains all 70 trace elements found in natural sea water
- No unnatural by-products
- Exact dosages without prior dissolving
- Will not alter pH of aquarium water when used as directed
- Without phosphates and other pollutants
How to use:
Bio-Calcium increases both calcium and alkalinity at the same time. Calculate the total system water volume. Each level measuring spoon will raise the calcium level of 10 US gall./36 l by approximately 28 ppm and the alkalinity by 4° KH.
Natural sea water contains approximately 410 ppm calcium and 6.5° KH alkalinity. You should not exceed a calcium level of 440 ppm and an alkalinity of 8° KH due to the possibility of super saturation and subsequent precipitation of calcium carbonate. Maximum recommended dose is one level scoop per 10 US gall./36 l of aquarium water per day.
Sprinkle one measuring spoon full of Tropic Marin® Bio-Calcium onto the surface of the water, where it is being circulated by your pump. Take care not to allow a larger amount of undissolved Bio-Calcium to come into contact with invertebrates. Add the supplement slowly, to avoid a clouding from localised super saturation.