Controller Cabinet Wire Management System - White - Adaptive Reef
The New Adaptive Reef Controller Cabinet is a modular wire management system for your aquarium equipment. Using interchangeable faceplates, you can mount and display all manner of controllers, modules, and dosers in a clean professional way to the front of the cabinet. On the inside, you can hide all your cords and power bricks. You’ll be able to safely mount power supplies, power strips, and organize your cords so they don’t detract from the beauty of your aquarium. The Controller Cabinet is designed to be placed inside your aquarium stand or beside it as a standalone piece of furniture. The front of the cabinet is attached using rare-earth magnets so you can easily detach it to access the interior.
Controller Cabinet At-A-Glance
- Dimensions: 18.5" deep 26" tall and 15" wide.
- Built from ½” and 1⁄4” PVC
- 100% water-resistant and non-conductive
- Includes all hardware and stainless steel screws for assembly
- Instructions are included in the box so you can get up and running fast
- The front of the cabinet has magnets so you can attach/detach it quickly and easily
- 8 power brick shelves to secure power supplies
- Zip tie tracks to lock power bricks in place and neatly arrange cords
- 4 interchangeable faceplates are included
- 8 total faceplate slots on the cabinet so you can mix-and-match as you see fit
- Additional sold separately faceplate options are available to create a more custom, built-in look
- The Controller Cabinet can be adapted to fit your needs now and as you grow in the hobby
- Fits inside some Red Sea and Waterbox Aquarium stands
- More Adaptive Reef Controller Cabinet accessories are coming soon!
The Controller Cabinet is Safe and Built to Last
The Adaptive Reef Controller Cabinet is built using ½” and 1⁄4” expanded PVC. This lightweight but very durable material can be easily cut, sanded, drilled, or screwed just like plywood to make mounting all of your stuff super easy. The cabinet is made with fire-rated material that is not only inert, but it will never rot. It can be painted and worked on, just like wood! The cabinet is 100% water-resistant and non-conductive for peace of mind and longevity.
Neatly Organize Wires and Mount Power Bricks
There are multiple wire management solutions inside the cabinet. There are eight power brick shelves to secure power supplies up off the ground. This reduces the risk of failure, prevents your power supplies from getting wet, and lessens the likelihood of a fire hazard since your power bricks aren’t all stacked dangerously on top of one another. Zip tie tracks abound so you can lock power bricks in place and neatly arrange cords to get rid of “cable spaghetti.”
Designed to Fit Inside Red Sea and Waterbox Aquarium Stands
The fact that the Controller Cabinet fits inside the stands of Red Sea Reefer and Waterbox Aquariums is no accident. In fact, they were purpose-built for this specific application. The cabinet has a magnetic face that is removable for easy access inside, even after all the faceplates have been installed. This is particularly helpful when the Controller Cabinet is installed under an aquarium inside the stand.
The Controller Cabinet fits inside the following Waterbox Aquarium stands:
- Waterbox Aquariums Platinum Pro 170.4/5 (Cabinet UV 5526)
- Waterbox Aquariums Platinum Pro 190.5 (Cabinet UV 6026)
- Waterbox Aquariums Platinum Pro 230.6 (Cabinet UV 7226)
- Waterbox Aquariums Crystal Peninsula 5526 (Cabinet UVD 5526)
- Waterbox Aquariums Crystal Peninsula 6026 (Cabinet UVD 6026)
- Waterbox Aquariums Crystal Peninsula 7226 (Cabinet UVD 7226)
Get a Custom Look Without Paying a Custom Price
The Adaptive Reef Controller Cabinet is a modular wire management system that allows you to customize it however you see fit. On the front of the cabinet, there are a total of eight faceplate slots. The way it works is that you attach whichever faceplates you want, in whatever order you want, to the front of the cabinet to fit your needs. Faceplates come in different sizes: single slat (these take up one faceplate slot), double slat (these take up two faceplate slots), and quad slat (these take up four faceplate slots).
There are 4 faceplates included with every Controller Cabinet:
- 1 x faceplate with 3 cutouts for cords - Double Slat
- 1 x faceplate with 6 cutouts for cords - Quad Slat
- 2 x blank faceplates - Single Slats
You don’t need to buy anything extra to build your Adaptive Reef Controller Cabinet. Everything is included in the box! However, the Controller Cabinet is a foundation that you can continue to build upon and customize.
Add Additional Faceplates and Lights For a Cleaner, More Built-In Look
For a more professional look, Adaptive Reef offers a variety of sold separately faceplates that you can attach to your Controller Cabinet to mount equipment from HYDROS, EcoTech Marine, Neptune Systems, GHL, and more. While additional faceplates will be available in the future, here is a quick rundown of what is currently available:
- Adaptive Reef Controller Cabinet Recessed Faceplate - Double Slat
Recessed faceplates provide for a cleaner more flush installation to give your cabinet a higher-end, more custom look. They fit a wide variety of aquarium controllers, pump controllers, and auto top-off (ATO) controllers. Some popular examples include EcoTech Marine VorTech Pump Controllers, IceCap Gyre Dual Pump Controllers, Reef Octopus VarioS and Octo Pulse controllers, along with the entire HYDROS line of smart devices, including the WaveEngine, Control 2, and Control 4. This faceplate occupies two of the eight slots on the Controller Cabinet.
- Adaptive Reef Controller Cabinet DŌS Faceplate - White - Double Slat
The Neptune Systems DŌS Dosing and Fluid Metering System is a popular automatic dosing system that is a perfect fit for the Controller Cabinet when combined with the DŌS faceplate. You’ll be able to hide the unit inside the stand for a cleaner and safer install. The cutout in the faceplate fits the DŌS like a glove. The two dosing heads and two buttons on the front of the DŌS are still easily accessible. This faceplate occupies two of the eight slots on the Controller Cabinet.
- Adaptive Reef Controller Cabinet GHL Doser and KH Director Faceplate - Double Slat
The dosers from GHL are another popular choice in the hobby. This faceplate allows you to mount your GHL Doser or KH Director flush with the front of the cabinet for a cleaner installation. Similar to the DŌS faceplate, your dosing pump heads and buttons will still be easily accessible. The in/out ports on the front of the KH Director Alkalinity Monitor are still usable while the bulk of the unit remains hidden inside the cabinet. This faceplate occupies two of the eight slots on the Controller Cabinet.
- Adaptive Reef Controller Cabinet GHL P4 Controller and Expansion Box Faceplate - Single Slat
The GHL ProfiLux aquarium controller or its Expansion Box can be mounted flush with the front of the Controller Cabinet using this single slat faceplate. It occupies only one of the eight slots on the Controller Cabinet.
- Adaptive Reef Controller Cabinet LED Light Strip - UL Listed
- This UL listed LED light strip has been custom cut to fit your Controller Cabinet perfectly. It has an adhesive backing so you can easily secure it to the inside of your cabinet. It comes with a wireless RGBW controller that allows you to select the color of the light, cycle through different colors, and create different lighting effects like strobe, flash, fade, and smooth.
Easy to Assemble—Here’s How!
The Controller Cabinet isn’t like a piece of IKEA furniture, where it looks easy to assemble but turns out to be anything but. You’ll be able to put the cabinet together in 15 minutes or less. There are instructions included inside the box and each piece is labeled to help get you up and running quickly.
- Controller Cabinet Instructions (click to download)
- Controller Cabinet Faceplate Instructions (click to download)