An Auto Top Off (ATO) system is notably one of the most important pieces of equipment for a saltwater aquarium and simply a must have for any reef keeper. The IceCap ATO monitors and replenishes evaporated water eliminating the daily task of adding water manually just to keep your aquariums water stable.
The IceCap ATO is a well thought out automated system with a fail-safe design that uses two (2) optical sensors to monitor the fluid level of your aquarium or sump. The second optical sensor provides real-time protection against failure of the first sensor. Best of all, it is very easy to install and contains no moving parts that can fail.
The IceCap ATO also alerts you when your top off reservoir gets dangerously low to prevent the water pump from running dry. A bright LED indicator will allow you to visually see the status of your IceCap ATO as well as any possible issues.
Plug and Play
You simply move the magnet optical sensor base to the desired water level within your sump or aquarium. It’s that easy!
Mounts to Most Clear, Tinted or Painted Surfaces
Max wall thickness: 1/2 inch (12.7mm)
Everything provided for installation and operation.
- 2x optical sensors,
- power adapter,
- DC brushless pump capable of pumping to a height of ~6 feet and a maximum flow rate of ~74 gph and
- 6.5' of water tubing with tubing holder.
Will work in complete darkness!
What's In The ...https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/dual-optical-auto-top-off-at...
IceCap Auto To...The IceCap ATO is a reliable dual optical sensor Auto Top Off ...
SO far so good
Posted by John on Jul 17th 2017
I am sure you wont be sorry you purchased this. So far, no problems. Never misses a beat.
Very Reliable and a Great Value!
Posted by Unknown on Apr 10th 2017
This ATO is one of the best I've seen or used. It has two optical sensors. One to tell it when to run the pump if the water is low, and a second to turn the pump off it the first optical sensor would ever fail. Optical sensors are known for being very reliable as long as you wipe them off every so often (maybe once a month to be safe) to ensure there isn't salt or algae buildup. Having two optical sensors makes this one of the most reliable options out there and it blows away other options in this price point. I would honestly prefer this over the more expensive Tunze Osmolator since it has two optical sensors instead of one plus a float switch, which are prone to failure.
There is an alarm that sounds (quite loudly) if the ATO resovior is running empty or if the backup sensor has triggered to turn off the pump to prevent overfilling. I've tested both alarms and they definitely work well. It comes with everything you need except the ATO resovior.
The one thing I didn't know about this ATO that made me think it might be malfunctioning was that you need to have both sensors out of the water when powering up the unit. This calibrates the sensors. Once the pump starts up, you can lower the primary sensor to your desired water level. If you power on the unit with the sensor in the water it runs the pump until it hits the backup sensor... just a word of advice. I figured this out after contacting CoralVue support. They have been very helpful and quick to respond. Once I knew how to power it up properly I had absolutely zero issues and it had been very reliable and kept my salinity at a solid consistent level.
I highly recommend this ATO to anyone! Just remember the proper way to power the unit on and it will be a reliable and wonderful ATO option for a great price!
There are tons of online stores out there, Why are we Different?
- Free 2 Day Shipping - Free 2 Day Shipping on Products $35+ from select manufactures.
- Free Shipping on EVERYTHING - No Minimum Purchase, Everything we sell ships Free at no cost to you. Red Sea Aquariums, Salt, Sand, Chillers, Everything.
- Free Stuff - We offer tons of Free Samples, Shirts, Stickers and plenty more just for giving us your business!
- Up to 5% Future Rewards for EVERYONE - There are no Preferred Clubs or Groups to Join.
- Free Returns - Returns of any Items (Both Brand New and USED) within 30 days are Always FREE! We personally strive to never have any returns.
- Apple Pay - You can checkout with Apple Pay, submit your order with your thumbprint and we will never see your payment information. Awesome!
- Military & Civil Service Discount - As a small token of our appreciation, we offer a Military & Civil Servant discount. A Bonus 5% Reward Points on 90% of what we carry. SaltwaterAquarium.com deeply appreciates all military men and women & first responders for their service.
- Automatic Price Matching - Just click the Price Match button under Add to Cart. No need to email your price match.
- Text Message 717.408.8337 Support - No one uses the phone anymore, just text us 717.408.8337. We will do our best to help!
- Live Chat - We offer LIVE WEB CHAT Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm EST. Get instant access to our customer support & your questions answered.
- Credit Card Security - We do not keep any Credit Card Numbers on File. Our checkout page is plugged directly into paypal credit services so we don't even know your card number when you order.
- Website Security HTTPS - Our entire site is HTTPS Secure, not just the checkout page. Your entire browsing session is encrypted and secure. We have an ESV level SSL Certificate which includes business identity authentication, strong 256-bit encryption, 2048-bit root, $1.5M USD warranty & a GeoTrust dynamic Secured Seal trust mark.
Have questions? Just ask - email@example.com or Text Message us at 717.408.8337