Future Release Spring of 2020
HYDROS Control 2 is a small, general-purpose device capable of performing all the main functions for your aquarium. Monitor temperature, leaks, and flow rates. Power equipment, control outlets, and more. Perfect as a standalone controller for a saltwater aquarium or freshwater planted tank. Made in the USA.
HYDROS is different from other aquarium automation systems. Rather than having a central brain, the HYDROS platform is distributed across devices — each capable of being used on its own or together with other HYDROS products as part of a larger system. This means every HYDROS device is a smart device with its own CPU and scheduling capabilities.
HYDROS devices look like industrial controllers because they are built to function in the harsh environment of a marine aquarium. The sealed HYDROS enclosures and aircraft-style connectors ensure long term reliability in the face of splashes and corrosive salt spray. Why would you use equipment that wasn’t built to survive in the environment it was intended to be used in?
All HYDROS Smart Devices Include:
- HYDROS Cloud, a powerful mobile app to monitor and control HYDROS devices from anywhere in the world.
- Local monitoring and control via Wi-Fi if a cloud-based configuration isn’t for you.
- A fast dual-core 32-bit processor that allows control decisions to be made within each device.
- Internal health monitoring to report voltages, currents, CPU status, and the internal temperature of each device.
- HYDROS Command Bus connections to transfer data and power to devices.
Most aquarium control systems use many different types of ports to plug in the various sensors we run on our systems. For example, your aquarium controller might only allow a temperature probe to be connected to a dedicated temperature port. But if you wanted to use an optical sensor to measure water level instead of temperature, you may be required to use a different port entirely. Or worse, you might have to purchase an entirely new module to plug in the water level sensor.
HYDROS remedies this problem with Sense Ports that allow you to connect a variety of different types of sensors to a single port type. That way, you always have the right port available regardless of the type of sensor you want to connect.
The Sense Port is an entirely new concept in aquarium parameter measurement. HYDROS devices include several Sense Ports. A Sense Port is a generic input port that can accept data from numerous different types of sensors.
Sense Ports currently support:
- Temperature probes
- Optical level sensors (single and dual)
- Capacitive non-contact liquid level sensors
- Rope leak detectors
- Point leak detectors
- Flow rate sensors
- Magnetic switches
- Push button switches
The Drive Ports provide switched 12V DC power for running small lights, motors, pumps, fans, and other accessories. The exact current being supplied by each port is continuously monitored by the Control 4, so if a motor or pump quits drawing current or draws too much, you will be immediately notified.
Accessories currently supported include:
- Auto Top-Off (ATO) pumps
- Cooling fans
- Cabinet LED lights
- Solenoids to control reverse osmosis systems
The HYDROS Command Bus is used to interconnect HYDROS devices together via CANbus. This robust vehicle bus standard allows devices to
communicate with each other without a host computer and was originally designed for use in automobiles and factories. If you’re driving a modern vehicle, you already use CANbus. It’s what turns your brakes on and triggers your airbags to save your life in a car accident.
Why Choose to Shop with Us?
- Pay with Amazon Pay - No need to type in billing, shipping addresses or credit card info, just log in to amazon and select the info you already have saved with amazon to purchase from us! Easy, simple and quick.
- Fast & Free Shipping - No Minimum Purchase, Our Free Shipping option averages 2.3 days in transit.
- Same Day Shipping - All Orders placed before 1 PM EST ship Same Day. Meaning your tracking will actually work the same day as your order.
- Free Stuff - We offer tons of Free Samples, Shirts, Stickers and plenty more just for giving us your business!
- 5% Cash Back Rewards - There are no Preferred Clubs or Groups to Join.
- Free 2 Day Shipping - Free 2 Day Shipping on Products $35+ from select manufactures.
- PayPal Financing - Want to buy a new tank without having to pay for all of it upfront? No Problem, use you PayPal Credit program to spread out the payments.
- Free Returns - Returns of any Items (Both Brand New and USED) within 30 days are Always FREE!
- Apple Pay - You can checkout with Apple Pay, submit your order with your thumbprint and we will never see your payment information. Awesome!
- Military & Civil Service Discount - As a small token of our appreciation, we offer a Military & Civil Servant discount. A Bonus 5% Reward Points on 90% of what we carry. SaltwaterAquarium.com deeply appreciates all military men and women & first responders for their service.
- Automatic Price Matching - Just click the Price Match button under Add to Cart. No need to email your price match.
- Text Message 717.408.8337 Support - No one uses the phone anymore, just text us 717.408.8337. We will do our best to help!
- Live Chat - We offer LIVE WEB CHAT Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm EST. Get instant access to our customer support & your questions answered.
- Credit Card Security - We do not keep any Credit Card Numbers on File. Our checkout page is plugged directly into paypal credit services so we don't even know your card number when you order.
- Website Security HTTPS - Our entire site is HTTPS Secure, not just the checkout page. Your entire browsing session is encrypted and secure. We have an ESV level SSL Certificate which includes business identity authentication, strong 256-bit encryption, 2048-bit root, $1.5M USD warranty & a GeoTrust dynamic Secured Seal trust mark.
Have questions? Just ask - email@example.com or Text Message us at 717.408.8337