Fully synthetic marine salt created for cultured corals. Its formula is designed to create the best conditions for marine animals. The micronutrients and macronutrients contained in the formula fully fulfill the demand of coral sfor proper growth and pigmentation. Probiotic bacteria contained in the salt reduce the content of nitrates and phosphates, and prevents the growth of pathogenic bacteria In the marine aquarium. After dissolving the salt, freshly prepared marine water can be used immediately. When setting up new aquariums it is recommended that the first animals are placed no sooner than 10-14 days after filling the aquarium. The salt contains bromides that are found in natural marine water, so it is not recommended for use in the ozone supported filtration systems (for such systems we recommend Reef Salt Aquaforest instead). Due to the content of probiotic bacteria the dKH value should be maintained at 6.5-8.0. Higher values may have a negative effect on the growth of SPS corals.
Instructions for use:
Dissolve the salt in the previously prepared demineralised water. Water temperature should be about 24°C (75°F). For salinity of 33 ppt dissolve about 3.75 kg (8.26 lbs) of salt in 100 litres (27 US gal) of water. Stir the solution vigorously for about 15 minutes. Once the salt is fully dissolved and the solution is clear, the saline water is ready to use. Keep the salt in a dry and dark place. Once Dissolved, use the salt within 48 hours. Keep out of reach of children! Product for aquarium use only! Reef Salt is not suitable for human consumption! Safety data sheet available on request.
Parameters of a salt are presented below:
- 24°C / 75.2°F
- Cl – 19000-19500 mg/l
- Na – 9720-11880 mg/l
- Mg – 1300-1360 mg/l
- S – 810-990 mg/l
- Ca – 410-430 mg/l
- K – 360-380 mg/l
- F – 1,2-1,3 mg/l
- B – 4,05 – 5,0 mg/l
- Sr – 7,2-8,8 mg/l
- dKH – 7,4-8,2
Aquaforest products are manufactured in the EU under strict laboratory supervision to meet the highest quality standards. Each product is prepared from carefully selected raw components in quantities proven to yield consistent composition.
How is our Marine Salt product range tested?
We mix our Marine Salt in 1 metric tonne (2204lb) batches, and 3 separate samples per batch are collected during the production stage for testing. Each of these samples is dissolved in 15 litres (4US gal) of RO water. Our experienced team of professionals perform ICP-OES analysis to verify that the chemical composition is within consistent range, and to rule out the presence of unwanted contaminants at the same ti me. Note: Even though our salt is thoroughly mixed, not every bucket/box will be identical. The parameters can vary slightly between containers and around a 2-3% variation is acceptable. This fluctuation is a result of both physical properties of the mix and the limitations of the processing techniques available. These variations are still smaller than the typical margin for error for popular hobbyist test kits.
Efficency of Probiotic Reef Salt depending on the packaging:
Recommended salinity for different aquarium types:
Macro and micro elements in the water have different levels depending on the salinity:
Video tutorial showing how to prepare and use Aquaforest Salt: Sea Salt – designed for Fish only tanks – maybe with few soft corals inside Reef Salt – Great chemical composiotion dedicated for mixed reef – for SPS and LPS corals. Probiotic Reef Salt – designed for UNLS Systems – especially for sps corals.
Aquaforest SaltsVideo tutorial showing how to prepare and use Aquaforest Salt:...
VIP Customer Reviews
Community Product Reviews
There are tons of online stores out there, Why are we Different?
- Free 2 Day Shipping - Free 2 Day Shipping on Products $35+ from select manufactures.
- Free Shipping on EVERYTHING - No Minimum Purchase, Everything we sell ships Free at no cost to you. Red Sea Aquariums, Salt, Sand, Chillers, Everything.
- Free Stuff - We offer tons of Free Samples, Shirts, Stickers and plenty more just for giving us your business!
- Up to 5% Future Rewards for EVERYONE - There are no Preferred Clubs or Groups to Join.
- Free Returns - Returns of any Items (Both Brand New and USED) within 30 days are Always FREE! We personally strive to never have any returns.
- Apple Pay - You can checkout with Apple Pay, submit your order with your thumbprint and we will never see your payment information. Awesome!
- Military & Civil Service Discount - As a small token of our appreciation, we offer a Military & Civil Servant discount. A Bonus 5% Reward Points on 90% of what we carry. SaltwaterAquarium.com deeply appreciates all military men and women & first responders for their service.
- Automatic Price Matching - Just click the Price Match button under Add to Cart. No need to email your price match.
- Text Message 717.408.8337 Support - No one uses the phone anymore, just text us 717.408.8337. We will do our best to help!
- Live Chat - We offer LIVE WEB CHAT Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm EST. Get instant access to our customer support & your questions answered.
- Credit Card Security - We do not keep any Credit Card Numbers on File. Our checkout page is plugged directly into paypal credit services so we don't even know your card number when you order.
- Website Security HTTPS - Our entire site is HTTPS Secure, not just the checkout page. Your entire browsing session is encrypted and secure. We have an ESV level SSL Certificate which includes business identity authentication, strong 256-bit encryption, 2048-bit root, $1.5M USD warranty & a GeoTrust dynamic Secured Seal trust mark.
Have questions? Just ask - firstname.lastname@example.org or Text Message us at 717.408.8337