Reef Flux is a fluconazole aquarium treatment that is effective against certain fungal fish infections. It also works to kill Bryopsis & Green Hair Algae in mixed reef tanks.
To avoid unintended nutrient spikes, Reef Flux should not be used in tanks with large Bryopsis or Caulerpa refugiums. A filter sock is recommended if using Reef Flux in tanks that contain Bryopsis or Caulerpa. Reef Flux is a fluconazole aquarium treatment that is effective against certain fungal fish infections.
Previously known as Algae Buster,
Directions: Turn off skimmer for first 3 days. Activated carbon and phosphate remover can be used after 3 days, but remove other chemical filtration. Empty 1 capsule for every 10 gallons of tank water (20mg per gallon) into high flow area in sump. After 14 days perform a minimum 30% water change. Do not overdose. Filter socks are recommended during treatment in order to help clean the aquarium.
Only for use on ornamental aquariums and fish. Not for human use and not for treating fish intended for human consumption. Keep away from children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately. In case of accidental tank overdose, the medication can be removed using Purigen.
Frequently asked questions:
What is Reef Flux and how does it work?
Reef Flux is a fluconazole-based reef treatment for topical and systemic fungal fish diseases.
Will Reef Flux harm my saltwater fish or invertebrates?
Reef Flux is reef safe for fish and invertebrates as long as it is dosed correctly.
Can Reef Flux affect my nitrates and phosphates?
It is possible that Reef Flux can raise nutrients as it treats your tank, especially if there is a Bryopsis or Caulerpa refugium. This is why it is a good reason to use filter socks while treating fungal fish infections with Reef Flux.
Does this seem like a lot of packaging for 10 capsules?
We received feedback from stores while developing Reef Flux, and many had shoplifting concerns with smaller packaging sizes. Another issue is that for legal reasons there is necessary information on the label that needs to be legible. As a result the packaging size was adjusted to fix any concerns.
Contents: 10 capsules.
Active Ingredient: Fluconazole 200mg per capsule.
Only for use on ornamental aquariums and fish. Not for human use and not for treating fish intended for human consumption. Keep away from children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
VIP Customer Reviews
Community Product Reviews
Didn’t work for me
Posted by Erik on Jan 12th 2018
I had many people around my area say that they had used fluconazole to treat their bryopsis and killed outbreaks of caulerpa. I actually didn’t have either of my tank algae’s die off at all. I left a tiny bit of my caulerpa in my sump to see if it would be effected at the same time the bryopsis would be dying, but neither on them dies or even was reduced by any amount. I still stand by the product because many people in my area have used it and it worked perfect for them.
There are tons of online stores out there, Why are we Different?
- Free 2 Day Shipping - Free 2 Day Shipping on Products $35+ from select manufactures.
- Free Shipping on EVERYTHING - No Minimum Purchase, Everything we sell ships Free at no cost to you. Red Sea Aquariums, Salt, Sand, Chillers, Everything.
- Free Stuff - We offer tons of Free Samples, Shirts, Stickers and plenty more just for giving us your business!
- Up to 5% Future Rewards for EVERYONE - There are no Preferred Clubs or Groups to Join.
- Free Returns - Returns of any Items (Both Brand New and USED) within 30 days are Always FREE! We personally strive to never have any returns.
- Apple Pay - You can checkout with Apple Pay, submit your order with your thumbprint and we will never see your payment information. Awesome!
- Military & Civil Service Discount - As a small token of our appreciation, we offer a Military & Civil Servant discount. A Bonus 5% Reward Points on 90% of what we carry. SaltwaterAquarium.com deeply appreciates all military men and women & first responders for their service.
- Automatic Price Matching - Just click the Price Match button under Add to Cart. No need to email your price match.
- Text Message 717.408.8337 Support - No one uses the phone anymore, just text us 717.408.8337. We will do our best to help!
- Live Chat - We offer LIVE WEB CHAT Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm EST. Get instant access to our customer support & your questions answered.
- Credit Card Security - We do not keep any Credit Card Numbers on File. Our checkout page is plugged directly into paypal credit services so we don't even know your card number when you order.
- Website Security HTTPS - Our entire site is HTTPS Secure, not just the checkout page. Your entire browsing session is encrypted and secure. We have an ESV level SSL Certificate which includes business identity authentication, strong 256-bit encryption, 2048-bit root, $1.5M USD warranty & a GeoTrust dynamic Secured Seal trust mark.
Have questions? Just ask - email@example.com or Text Message us at 717.408.8337