Sally Lightfoot Crab - Clean up Crew
Sally Lightfoot crabs are brightly-colored coastal scavengers, found in the Galapagos Islands and across the western coast of South and Central America. They have an extremely generalist diet, feeding on anything from sea lion placenta to other crabs. This makes them an important part of the ecosystem, as they provide services such as keeping the shore clean of any organic debris and eating ticks off marine iguanas. They are rumored to have been named after a Caribbean dancer, due to their agility in jumping from rock to rock, their ability to run in four directions and their capacity to climb up vertical slopes. This extreme agility makes them very difficult to catch. Adult crabs show characteristic intense blue and red coloring on their shells, with a white or pale blue underbelly. Younger crabs have darker coloration with red spots, providing a higher degree of camouflage. Every time the crabs moult their shell, the spots become gradually larger, until they obtain the adult coloring.
Clean Up Crews only Ship on Monday - Thursday to avoid sitting in hot/cold trucks & warehouses over weekends. They all ship via Overnight Service.
Clean Up Crew Basics & Why Ours are Different!
- We ship UPS Next Day on All Orders, no slow shipping no USPS, we want the best chance of success for all your tank inhabitants.
- All of our invert tanks are Fallow, we do not keep them with fish.
- If you have an issue with something dying, we will make it right by refund or reshipment. We know buying livestock online can be tricky at times.
- We don't buy/sell micro pea sized livestock. All of our snails, crabs, etc we purchase Medium to X Large sizes. I hate buying clean up crews online and getting hundreds of small barely viable inverts.
- We check your shipping location before packing and include the appropriate number of heat/cold packs. Being a larger company we aren't afraid to spend more on shipping and packing to give your animals the best chance at thriving.
- Flat Rate UPS Next Day Air anywhere in the lower 48 states.
- We are building this program from the ground up so we can control everything. We do not drop ship. We control the animals we select, the husbandry, prep, pick, pack, ship. The entire process. We are just getting started.