Apex AFS - Automatic Feeding System - Neptune Systems
Feed your fish consistently, and safely, while you are home OR away!
NOT A STAND-ALONE FEEDER (MUST BE USED WITH AN APEX SYSTEM)
A key component of caring for aquatic animals is regularly providing them with food, but in amounts that get consumed immediately so as not to pollute the aquarium. On top of that, most species do best when they are fed all throughout the day.
However, overfeeding of aquariums is one of the top reasons for water pollution and tank failures. With the AFS, you can use the Apex to schedule to feed your fish small amounts of food from once, to as many times as you like throughout the day. You can even set the exact days to feed or not to feed. And, if you are measuring water quality using ORP, you can even hold off feeding if the ORP values drop too low in the tank.
The most obvious benefit of the AFS is that it can feed your fish when you are away on vacation — no longer do you have to worry about a friend or family member forgetting to feed, or worse yet, overfeeding your tank!
Feed pellet, flake, or better yet our Crossover Diet
Of course the AFS was designed to feed almost any correctly-sized pellet or flake food. But the ideal food for the AFS is the Crossover Diet pellet food by Neptune Systems.
We’ve worked closely with Reed Mariculture (the manufacturer of Reef Nutrition foods) to come up with exclusive new food based on their TDO Chroma Boost that would dispense in consistent quantities from the AFS and bring out the vibrant colors in your fish. Not only that, our proprietary Crossover Diet pellets have food for both your fish AND corals. A micro-film of coral food is applied to the surface of every pellet during manufacturing. When these pellets are dispensed by the AFS, this micro-coral-food is dispersed upon contact with the water and then the pellets sink for the fish to consume. Even if you do not have a coral reef tank, this food is beneficial other micro-fauna in your tank. The AFS along with our Crossover Diet pellets are the all-in-one feeding solution for your aquarium.
We even include a sample pouch of our Crossover Diet in every box!
Stay-dry system prevents caking and clumping
A common issue for most aquarium autofeeders is moisture getting into the food, making it clump or cake and clogging up. The AFS has a motorized food delivery system that automatically extends and retracts into the housing for each feeding. And, the food container has a built-in gasket that seals out all moisture once it is retracted. Pretty cool, huh!?
Build complex feeding routines with the Apex and the AFS
Since your AFS is part of the Apex ecosystem, you can build automated feeding routines that really do all the work for you. Imagine kicking off a symphony of operations on a timed schedule, like this:
- Turn off skimmer
- Turn off return pump(s)
- Set VorTech pumps to Tidal Surge
- Dim LED lights to 40%
- Wait 5 minutes
- AFS feed cycle x 2
- Wait 10 minutes
- Turn on return pump(s)
- Wait 10 minutes
- Turn on skimmer
- Turn LED lights back to normal
Daisy-chain multiple AFS together
The AFS connects to your Apex using a standard AquaBus cable. And, since there are two AquaBus connectors on the AFS, you can daisy-chain multiple feeders together. This is the perfect solution if you are going to be away from your tank for an extended period of time and need the extra capacity, or if you wanted to feed two different types of food.
Features of the Automatic Feeding System – AFS:
- Feeds pellet or flake food in varying amounts
- Apex can be set so that the AFS will feed from one time to as many times as you like throughout the day
- Connects via the Apex AquaBus
- “Stay-dry” system has a sealed food container that extends and retracts for each feeding. This keeps food dry and prevents clumping.
- The lowest setting feeds just a few grains of pellet food so multiple small feedings are possible
- Allows for optimal feeding — small amounts many times a day
- Feedings can be combined with other operations such as powering off return pumps, skimmer, etc. and then automatically turning them back on after a set amount of time.
- Adjustable mounting clip extends up to two inches (or velcro can be used) so it will work in almost every aquarium configuration.
- Includes 15′ AquaBus Cable
- Bonus: FREE Sample of Crossover Diet food included!
- Compatible with the Apex, Apex Lite, and Apex Jr. AquaControllers.
- IN STORES NOW!