AuqaShield 10 Watt UV Sterilizer/Clarifier (Universal) - Innovative Marine
Your First Line of Defense
Cloudy water, Algae and parasites lead to the frustration of many hobbyists. The main reason why these problems occur is that each multiplies quickly; free floating in the tank, unseen to the naked eye. Only when it's too late, the hobbyist becomes aware of their presence. By adding a UV Sterilizer into your aquarium, you can minimize the risk of these problems occurring.
Germicidal UV lights have been used for decades by the medical industry as a method for killing micro-organisms. This type of light has proven that it is effective in reducing the free-floating micro-organisms that pass directly through the light rays.
The AUQA Shield harnesses the UV-C technology and encompasses it within a germicidal fluorescent lamp that produces light at a wavelength of approximately 254 nanometers. The infected water passes over the bulb, the wavelength travels through the water, penetrates the pathogens and mutates their DNA destroying their ability to multiply and after time will eventually perish.
The AUQA Shield was designed to target free floating aquatic nuisances, by dramatically halting the spread of infections , saving your livestock from fatal health diseases, improving the clarity of your water and overall health of your aquarium.
Universal UV Reactor
- High Intensity 10 Watt UV-C Bulb
- Responsive Flow Control (Minimum Flow for Eradicating Parasites, Max Flow for Water Clarification)
- Drop-In Installation (Reactor/Protein Skimmer Column)
- Disposable UV Cartridge (Quartz Sleeve and Bulb)
- Quick Disconnect
- Realistic Wattage Rating
- Mounting Bracket and Pump Included
- Comes with Mounting bracket for in tank installations. Also able to be installed in a sump system
- Dims: 2.25" x 2.25" x 12.25