Calcion - Liquid Calcium Supplement (250mL) - Brightwell
Concentrated Calcium Supplement for All Marine Fish & Reef Aquaria
- Highly-concentrated ionic calcium solution.
- Increases the concentration of calcium in marine aquarium water to provide corals
and other reef-building invertebrates with one of the most important elements
required for growth.
- Is ionic rather than chelated, and contains no unwanted organic material such as
EDTA, gluconate, or polygluconate.
- Over 50% stronger than most competing products.
- Free of phosphate, silicate, and organic material.
- Formulated by a marine scientist.
- For complete information, click the 'Technical' button at the top right.
Maintaining the alkalinity in marine aquaria between 7.5 - 9.5 dKH (2.7 - 3.4 meq/L) will generally maintain pH within the desired range. The rate at which alkalinity is depleted in a reef aquarium is determined by the stocking density of reef-building livestock, type of lighting, rate of water circulation, and other biological, physical, and chemical conditions; therefore, each aquarium will have different requirements for the rate of alkalinity supplementation. Once the rate of alkalinity depletion in the aquarium has been determined, the proper dosing rate of this product can be easily calculated. It is recommended that a quality salt mix with the proper (not augmented) alkalinity and concentrations of major, minor, and trace elements be used to establish natural seawater parameters in the reef aquarium, providing a stable ionic foundation on which to build. For additional information on alkalinity and other important aspects of marine chemistry for marine aquaria.
All Brightwell Aquatics liquid water care supplements are made with purified water and high purity materials. We develop formulae for aquaria based on empirical data, using observation and measurement rather than theory.