The flash skimming principle enables highly efficient foam production. Organic-rich surface water is mixed thoroughly with small air bubbles in the TUNZE® Foamer. On the surface of the air bubbles, pollutants such as protein, cellulose, dead cells, etc. are adsorbed immediately, the air bubbles are very fine, with a diameter between .1 and .3 mm (.004 - .012 in.). The water / air mixture expands and stabilizes in the skimmer cup reactor, the water returns to the aquarium, and the protein-loaded air bubbles spill over into the skimmer cup. The patented anti-overfoaming system intermediate chamber prevents the skimmer from verfoaming and controls the skimmer performance, depending on the water level and organic load. The particularly high efficiency of the flash skimming principle, compared to large skimmers with long contact time, is obtained because the substances adsorbed by the air bubbles are not released again, thus they don't return to the aquarium water.
Simple, quiet and effective - these are the current demands towards aquarium components. That is precisely what distinguishes the small Comline® DOC Skimmer 9001 - a true "plug and play" skimmer for small seawater aquariums with 20 to 140 liters (5.3 to 37 USgal.). There is no complicated setting or regular adjustment required for the operation. A simple installation into a corner of the aquarium is sufficient and it will work autonomously.
- Recommended, depending on tank load, from 60 to 300 liters (15 to 79 USgal.) of sea water.
- Immersion depth: approx. 225 to 245 mm (8.9 to 9.7 in.)
- Skimmer cup volume: 0.2 liters (.05 in.)
- Air capacity: approx. 200 l/h (52.8 USgal./h), Energy consumption: approx. 5 W (max. 10 W)
- Power supply unit: 100-240V / 50-60Hz
- Cable length: 3 m (118.1 in.) up to the Turbelle® controller
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 110 x 90 x 305 mm (4.3 x 3.5 x 12 in.)
- Magnet Holder up to a glass thickness of 12 mm (1/2").