Extreme Accuracy. Easy to Test in 4 Steps - Zero the Checker, Add a regent to your water sample, Insert the Vile in the Checker, Read the Numbered Results. BOOM EASY. ZAIR. Zero, Add, Insert, Read.
Includes reagents for 25x tests.
The HI758 Checker® HC (Handheld Colorimeter) provides a simple, accurate and cost effective way to measure calcium. Required for the development of calcium carbonate skeletons of coral reefs, calcium is a crucial component of marine waters. Designed as a more accurate alternative to chemical test kits, the HI758 provides quick, accurate results in four easy steps: Zero the Checker, Add a regent to your water sample, Insert the Vile in the Checker, Read the Numbered Results. BOOM EASY. ZAIR. Zero, Add, Insert, Read.
*To zero 1 ml of reagent A is added to deionized/distilled water as a blank.
- Easier to use and more accurate than chemical test kits
- Dedicated to a single parameter
- Small size, big convenience
- Ideal for: Aquaculture, Water Quality, Environmental, Education
Includes: HI758 Calcium Checker is supplied with (2) sample cuvettes with caps, calcium reagent starter kit for 25 tests, dropper, (2) 1 ml syringes with tips, battery, instructions and quick start guide.
Calcium Checker Troubleshooting Tips
- Never rinse your cuvettes with tap water or saltwater
- Use pure vapor distilled water from your local pharmacy at C1 phase. RODI water from home filtration units may not be suitable for this test as calcium can easily permeate through your filter membranes. Even though your TDS meter may read "zero" that number is subjective as you have to factor in the accuracy statement of the meter itself and if your storage reservoir has been contaminated.
- Clean your cuvettes with distilled or deionized water absent of Calcium that is going to be used for C1 phase dilution.
- Measure out 9 ml of distilled or deionized water for C1 phase
- Make sure no excess aquarium sample saltwater is on the tip of the pipette. Only administer the saltwater that is sucked into the pipette tip.