Brightwell Aquatics NēoMarine Salt Mix creates an ideal marine environment for aquarium inhabitants by providing all major elements, all non-conservative (depleted by natural chemical and biological processes) minor and trace elements, and elements known to be utilized in the production of biological pigments (biochromes) in precise natural seawater ratios; all ions are formulated to be present in natural seawater concentrations. Conservative minor and trace elements are not depleted in marine environments, indicating that they are not utilized by marine life or do not take part in chemical reactions in seawater; as such, they are not necessary for the survival of aquarium inhabitants, and are not part of the NēoMarine formulation. NēoMarine is not formulated to have enhanced concentrations of certain elements at the expense of sacrificing others and creating a solution with grossly inaccurate elemental ratios; this formulation is based wholly on current marine science data and extensive testing.
- Extensively-researched and tested over a multi-year period, with a formulation based on
current understanding of Marine Chemistry and Marine Biology as they pertain to the
husbandry of all marine aquaria.
- Precision-formulated to replicate the natural seawater ratios of every major element, as well
as all non-conservative minor and trace elements.
- 134 g per 1 US-gallon (3.785 L) of purified water yields a specific gravity of ~1.025 g/cm3,
with a pH of ~8.30 and alkalinity of ~7.5 dKH.
- Manufactured by Brightwell Aquatics in our production facility (not outsourced) under the
strictest standards of quality. Every batch is lot numbered and sampled for quality control.
- Utilizes a production process that promotes particle size uniformity and a dry blend.
- For complete information, click the 'Technical' button at the top right.
NēoMarine is manufactured in Brightwell Aquatics’ production facility in Alabama, ensuring that we maintain absolute control over quality; NēoMarine is not outsourced as many competing US-manufactured salts are. Additionally, elements are provided by individual salts (no seawater evaporite is used); this enables us to maintain a consistent formulation and appearance to the finished salt mix at all times. Ingredients are measured using an extremely accurate process, and each batch of NēoMarine is blended in a dry, clean environment. Our production process promotes uniformity of particle size and homogeneity throughout each container. Small batches are created and lot numbered to maintain the highest standards of quality control. NēoMarine utilizes ingredients of superior grades, and contains no detectable ammonia, nitrate, phosphate, or organic substances at standard specific gravity. It dissolves completely to create crystal clear water. NēoMarine has been extensively tested over a multi-year period with 100% success on all manner of marine invertebrates, fishes, and desirable algae; numerous species of fishes, corals, and mollusks have reproduced freely when maintained in water prepared with this salt blend. NēoMarine is formulated for all marine organisms, not just fish or reef inhabitants.
Instructions and Guidelines
Do not mix in an aquarium containing live organisms. NēoMarine creates slight heat when mixed into water; therefore, do not handle dry NēoMarine with wet hands. NēoMarine may have a slight sulfurous odor when the container is first opened; this is a result of the use of anhydrous magnesium chloride and will dissipate.
Each 134.5 g of NēoMarine added to sufficient purified water to create 1 US-gallon total saltwater will result in specific gravity of ~1.025 g/cm3. If not using an accurate scale to measure salt, in a clean mixing vessel dissolve approximately 4 oz., or half a cup, of NēoMarine per gallon of purified water and adjust specific gravity as needed by adding more salt or water to increase/decrease specific gravity, respectively. It is strongly recommended that water purified via reverse osmosis and/or deionization be used for seawater preparation. Allow the freshly-made seawater to mix thoroughly with a submersible pump. Always use an accurate hydrometer or (preferably) refractometer to determine the specific gravity of prepared seawater. Ensure that the water temperature matches that of the established aquarium (use a submersible heater if necessary). Allow water to mix, preferably while being aerated, until pH becomes completely stable, indicating that gas equilibrium has been achieved. It is strongly recommended that at least 24-hours of mixing be allowed to pass before adding the water to an established aquarium; this extra time enables gas formed during the salt dissolution to escape, further stabilizing alkalinity and pH. Note that water temperature and mixing rate will influence the speed with which the salt goes into solution. It is recommended that 10 - 20% of the total water volume in an aquarium system be replaced every 7 - 10 days; this helps maintain proper water chemistry and consequently benefits aquarium inhabitants.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption. Generates slight heat when added to water; do not handle NēoMarine with wet hands. Contact with dry product may cause skin and/or eye irritation. In case of eye contact, flush eyes with cool water and seek immediate medical attention.
Why Choose to Shop with Us?
- Pay with Amazon Pay - No need to type in billing, shipping addresses or credit card info, just log in to amazon and select the info you already have saved with amazon to purchase from us! Easy, simple and quick.
- Fast & Free Shipping - No Minimum Purchase, Our Free Shipping option averages 2.3 days in transit.
- Same Day Shipping - All Orders placed before 1 PM EST ship Same Day. Meaning your tracking will actually work the same day as your order.
- Free Stuff - We offer tons of Free Samples, Shirts, Stickers and plenty more just for giving us your business!
- 5% Cash Back Rewards - There are no Preferred Clubs or Groups to Join.
- Free 2 Day Shipping - Free 2 Day Shipping on Products $35+ from select manufactures.
- PayPal Financing - Want to buy a new tank without having to pay for all of it upfront? No Problem, use you PayPal Credit program to spread out the payments.
- Free Returns - Returns of any Items (Both Brand New and USED) within 30 days are Always FREE!
- Apple Pay - You can checkout with Apple Pay, submit your order with your thumbprint and we will never see your payment information. Awesome!
- Military & Civil Service Discount - As a small token of our appreciation, we offer a Military & Civil Servant discount. A Bonus 5% Reward Points on 90% of what we carry. SaltwaterAquarium.com deeply appreciates all military men and women & first responders for their service.
- Automatic Price Matching - Just click the Price Match button under Add to Cart. No need to email your price match.
- Text Message 717.408.8337 Support - No one uses the phone anymore, just text us 717.408.8337. We will do our best to help!
- Live Chat - We offer LIVE WEB CHAT Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm EST. Get instant access to our customer support & your questions answered.
- Credit Card Security - We do not keep any Credit Card Numbers on File. Our checkout page is plugged directly into paypal credit services so we don't even know your card number when you order.
- Website Security HTTPS - Our entire site is HTTPS Secure, not just the checkout page. Your entire browsing session is encrypted and secure. We have an ESV level SSL Certificate which includes business identity authentication, strong 256-bit encryption, 2048-bit root, $1.5M USD warranty & a GeoTrust dynamic Secured Seal trust mark.
Have questions? Just ask - email@example.com or Text Message us at 717.408.8337