Current Top Sellers
Why Shop With Us?
We are here to CHANGE THE INDUSTRY and EARN YOUR BUSINESS!
FREE SHIPPING on ALL ORDERS with NO MINIMUM Purchase. FUTURE DISCOUNTS on All Orders for All Customers, you don't need to be part of some group buy or exclusive program to enjoy reward points. Future discounts awarded in the form of points that can be used on future purchases. Excludes Ecotech Marine Products. FREE RETURNS on any order for 30 Days after purchase, we even pay the return shipping. Our Payment system is plugged directly into Apple Pay & PayPal Credit services so we never even see your credit card number when you order. We keep no credit cards on file.
Have Questions? Just ask - email@example.com.
Efficiency: 36V / 98watts
Dimensions: 3.75in(W) x 5.7in(L) x 5.5in(H)
Controller Features: multiple pause times, float switch safety and 0-10v input for 3rd party controller
Includes: VarioS-8 pump, controller, float switch, power supply, protective intake screen and connection fittings.
The Reef Octopus VarioS water pump features a detachable controller module, high quality ceramic shaft and propeller bearing to reduce wear and tear, and the latest variable speed flow technology for refined control, enhanced performance, energy-efficiency and safer operations.
Unlike the vast majority of circulation pumps which uses alternating current (AC), the VarioS pump boasts several key advantages over traditional AC pumps, namely, higher energy efficiency, safer operations at a working voltage of 36V and most notably, the variable speed control to adjust the ideal mix of air and water flow into the skimmer. Direct current pumps have several key advantages over traditional AC pumps. Most notably, you can control the rotational speed of the motor, thus electronically control water flow rates. DC pumps are also more efficient than AC pumps and produce less heat per volume of flow.
- Safe and Efficient 36 Volt Operation
- 5 Controllable Energy Saving Power Settings
- Detachable Controller with Waterproof Union
- Safety Float Switch
- 0-10v Input for 3rd Party Controller
- Integrated Memory
- Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals.
- Super Quiet Operation
- True Slow Startup
- Submersible or External Applications
- Comes with intake screen and plumbing attachments
>>> Now the aquarist can have full control of the water flow through their sump, reactors, filters or closed loop systems!!!
In addition to allowing the pump to run at 5 different speeds, which is pretty normal for a DC pump, the new VarioS Controller takes the pump to a new level featuring:
- A float switch connection, which allows you to connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an added security feature that allows you to shut off the skimmer pump when your waste collector is full or shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. In all, you don’t need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
- Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals. These come handy when you are feeding the tank or conducting regular maintenance such as a water change.
- And the best feature of the VarioS controller is… a 0-10v input which will allow a 3rd party controller such as Neptune System’s APEX or Reef Angel to take over the pump and tell it what to do. In this mode, the new VarioS controller becomes an interface between the system controller and the pump allowing you to create intricate programs using your system controller native language. This is unprecedented controllability on a skimmer or water pump. In essence, you can use your system controller as your DC pump controller!
Includes: VarioS-6 pump, controller, float switch, power supply, 1in output and input union for plumbing direct PVC, versatile stepped barb output fitting for flex tubing and protective intake screen.
The VarioS pump features a true slow startup where the pump slowly ramps up from zero RPM to the full preset speed over a period of approximately 10 seconds.
The pump and controller are connected via a waterproof 3-conductor union. The detachable controller will allow for a simple waterproof union. The volute can rotate to change the pump's output orientation in 90 degree intervals, meaning users can output water vertically (up or down) as well as horizontally.
Output size: 32mm/1 1/4in (barb / PVC coupling)
Inlet size: 1 1/4in male union thread
Pump to controller cable length: 6ft
Dimensions: 3.75in(W) x 5.7in(L) x 5.5in(H)
Voltage: DC 36V
Power Consumption: 98w watts at max power
Max flow: 2,700gph*
Max Head Height: 18ft*
*results will vary depending on aquarium setup
Note: THIS IS NOT A PRESSURE RATED PUMP. This pump is not ideal for second floor applications or to feed Beckett or downdraft skimmers where consistent pressure is necessary.
Why Shop With Us? We are here to EARN your Business!
FREE SHIPPING on ALL ORDERS with NO MINIMUM Purchase for ALL CUSTOMERS! Future Discounts on All Orders for All Customers, you don't need to be part of some group buy or exclusive program to enjoy reward discounts. Future discounts awarded in the form of points that can be used on future purchases. FREE RETURNS on any order for 30 Days after purchase, we even pay the return shipping. No Restocking Fees. Secure Online Shopping Our entire site is HTTPS Secure and our Payment system is plugged directly into PayPal Credit services & Apple Pay so we never even see your credit card number when you order.
Have questions? Just ask - firstname.lastname@example.org or Text Message us at 717.408.8337
Yes, we have CHANGED THE INDUSTRY. We are offering FREE SHIPPING on ALL ORDERS with NO MINIMUMS. Yes that's right. We are not happy with the current status quo. NO MINIMUM ORDER - FREE SHIPPING.
To reduce our shipping costs, all aquarium supplies are shipped UPS, Fedex or USPS. Orders can ship from multiple warehouses throughout the US. We attempt to keep inventory local to you to keep shipping times and expenses low. Our primary warehouses are in PA, TN and AZ. Most orders submitted by 3pm EST (Monday - Friday) are shipped same day. Orders on Friday and over the weekend after 3pm EST will ship Monday unless it's an item that ships out of a 24/7 warehouse. UPS orders will be delivered Monday through Friday. USPS or FedEx will be delivered Monday through Saturday. We deliver pretty much anywhere in the domestic 48 within 3 days FOR FREE!
Returns & Replacements
Personally we strive to never have any. But in the event, we like to make it easy. All returns are accepted within 30 days for any reason. Returns must be requested and pre-approved over e-mail to the email@example.com. From there we will email you a prepaid return label. Simply return your item within 30 days for a full refund.