- Exposed temperature sensor
- Very low range EC (0.0 to 99.9 μS/cm)
- Single point manual calibration
The HI98308 features an amperometric graphite electrode that provides better repeatability in measurements since they do not oxidize. An amperometric measurement of EC is based on Ohm’s Law, I = V/R, where R depends on the distance between two pins and their surface. Oxidation changes both the distance and surface, which will affect accuracy. The non-oxidizing graphite pins are able to provide an optimal surface for accurate, dependable results. When calibration is needed, simply submerge the electrode tip into calibration solution and adjust the trimmer on the side of the tester.
The HI98308 uses a conductometric measurement to determine the purity of water. The HI98308 Pure Water Test (PWT) enables users to check the purity of distilled or demineralized water in laboratory or industrial environments. PWT is suited for fields such as printed circuit board washing, laundry, steam cleaning, checking car battery water and all areas where distilled, demineralized or pure water is used. This tester is housed in durable casing that provides excellent protection against harsh industrial environments.
Electrolytic conductivity, abbreviated as EC, is a measurement made in which electrical charges on atomic or larger sized particles in a medium are moved under the influence of a potential difference. EC is a measure of concentration, however, it is non-specic for ion type. An ion is a charged particle present in the solution that contributes to the current flow. Ions are formed when a salt such as sodium chloride is dissolved in water to form particles having electrical charges. Sodium chloride, separates into Na+ and Cl-. This is a simplified definition as the measurement is affected by many things such as the type of ionic compound(s) dissolved in the water; the ions mobility, the solution viscosity, temperature as well as concentration.
Electrical conductance, the ability of a substance to conduct an electrical current is the reciprocal of electrical resistance. “Conductance” and “Resistance” depend on the geometrical dimensions of the substance being measured. Conductivity and resistivity are “normalized” terms that are used to denote a bulk intrinsic property of a substance. This is the measurement a standardized EC probe on a Conductivity or resistivity meter provides. Conductivity measurements can be used to provide additional industry specific measurements; TDS, Salinity and USP compliant conductivity. Many of Hanna’s meters provide these measurements also.
Calibrate with 84 µS/cm EC solution using a screwdriver
Exposed Temperature Probe
Fast response to changes in sample temperature
Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC)
Samples automatically compensated for temperature variations
- Reduced polarization effects
Conductivity Range 0.0 to 99.9 µS/cm Conductivity Resolution 0.1 µS/cm Conductivity Accuracy ±2% F.S. Calibration manual, one point Temperature Compensation automatic from 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F) with β=2%/°C typical Battery Type/Life 1.5V (4) / approximately 250 hours of continuous use Environment 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing Dimensions 175 x 41 x 23 mm (6.9 x 1.6 x 0.9’’) Weight 95 g (3.4 oz.) Ordering Information HI98308 is supplied with protective cap, calibration screwdriver (HI98308), batteries and instructions. Warranty 1 year
How to use and calibrate the Hanna Instruments Pocket HI 98308 PWT Pure Water Tester. The HI 98308 is used to measure water conductivity purified by reverse osmosis, de-ionization, or distillation. Used for rinse water, water treatment, food and beverage manufacturing, electronic discharge machines (EDM), colloidal silver, and more.
HI 98308 PWT P...How to use and calibrate the Hanna Instruments Pocket HI 98308...
VIP Customer Reviews
Community Product Reviews
There are tons of online stores out there, Why are we Different?
- Free 2 Day Shipping - Free 2 Day Shipping on Products $35+ from select manufactures.
- Free Shipping on EVERYTHING - No Minimum Purchase, Everything we sell ships Free at no cost to you. Red Sea Aquariums, Salt, Sand, Chillers, Everything.
- Free Stuff - We offer tons of Free Samples, Shirts, Stickers and plenty more just for giving us your business!
- Up to 5% Future Rewards for EVERYONE - There are no Preferred Clubs or Groups to Join.
- Free Returns - Returns of any Items (Both Brand New and USED) within 30 days are Always FREE! We personally strive to never have any returns.
- Apple Pay - You can checkout with Apple Pay, submit your order with your thumbprint and we will never see your payment information. Awesome!
- Military & Civil Service Discount - As a small token of our appreciation, we offer a Military & Civil Servant discount. A Bonus 5% Reward Points on 90% of what we carry. SaltwaterAquarium.com deeply appreciates all military men and women & first responders for their service.
- Automatic Price Matching - Just click the Price Match button under Add to Cart. No need to email your price match.
- Text Message 717.408.8337 Support - No one uses the phone anymore, just text us 717.408.8337. We will do our best to help!
- Live Chat - We offer LIVE WEB CHAT Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm EST. Get instant access to our customer support & your questions answered.
- Credit Card Security - We do not keep any Credit Card Numbers on File. Our checkout page is plugged directly into paypal credit services so we don't even know your card number when you order.
- Website Security HTTPS - Our entire site is HTTPS Secure, not just the checkout page. Your entire browsing session is encrypted and secure. We have an ESV level SSL Certificate which includes business identity authentication, strong 256-bit encryption, 2048-bit root, $1.5M USD warranty & a GeoTrust dynamic Secured Seal trust mark.
Have questions? Just ask - firstname.lastname@example.org or Text Message us at 717.408.8337