Real Reef Small Rock (10 lb) Box (4 - 8" Rocks) - Real Reef
Rock Sizing: 4-8″ - Smaller Sized Rocks
Real Reef Rock is our standard reef building rock. It is very light, porous and full of holes and crevices. It is three dimensional in shape and comes in many natural shades of purple, pink and red. It replicates the look, feel and function of coralline encrusted coral skeleton rock. It’s made from all natural reef eco friendly materials and grown in greenhouses to become a bio-active rock, without the nuisance pests and hitch hikers commonly found on wild rock. This rock is great for Marine Reef and Fish only aquariums. Not suggested for Freshwater, as it holds a high stable pH. Rock is then dried and packaged for shipping.
20 reasons why real reef:
- ZERO ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT TO THE WORLD’S REEFS
- PRESERVING THE REEF HABIT FOR FUTURE MARINE LIFE
- A TRULY GREEN PRODUCT
- POSITIVE FOR THE INDUSTRY & PUBLIC OPINION
- MADE AND FARMED IN THE U.S.A
- MADE FROM 100% NATURAL INGREDIENTS
- MADE FROM THE SAME BUILDING BLOCKS AS LIVE CORAL ROCK
- IDEAL MAKE UP FOR THE MODERN REEF AQUARIUM
- PRODUCES SOME OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AQUASCAPED AQUARIUMS, REEF OR FISH
- DOSEN’T HARBOR NUISANCE OR PARASITIC ALGAES, INVERTS AND OTHER UNWANTED HITCH HIKERS
- HAS GREAT POROSITY, SHAPE, COLOR AND CHARACTER
- A QUALITY SAFE PRODUCT THAT MAKES REEF KEEPING SIMPLE
- HAS GREAT BUFFERING ABILITY
- HOLDS ALKALINITY AND CALCIUM LEVELS
- HELPS MAINTAIN A STABLE HEALTHY pH
- ALWAYS HAS GREAT PURPLE AND PINK CORALINE DEAD OR ALIVE
- GREAT FOR FISH ONLY TANKS, THAT WANT THE REEF LOOK
- CONSISTENTLY AVAILABLE AND ALWAYS IN STOCK
- EVERY PIECE IS UNIQUE, NO TWO ALIKE
- EASILY BONDS WITH EPOXY FOR BUILDING CUSTOM REEF STRUCTURES.
Real Reef is made of 100% natural eco friendly green materials. Materials composed of the same mineral building blocks as coral skeleton live rock, without the environmental damage to the World’s Coral reefs. Real Reef is composed of several different types of mineral aggregates and sand. Some are very similar to high end media used in modern Calcium Reactor dosing systems. Real Reef is high in Calcium Carbonate, with amounts in the 82-85% range. Unlike coral skeleton which is primarily Calcium Carbonate, Real Reef contains a variety of essential trace elements and minerals. This remaining 15-18% consists of minerals and trace elements such as: Magnesium, Strontium and Iron.
It takes over 13 steps to manufacturer Real Reef Rock and every piece is unique and different, but not ugly! No two pieces are the same, just like Mother Nature! Real Reefs multiple ingredients are bonded together with natural calcium based binders; we do not use any chemical or synthetic epoxies or glue. It is through this labor intensive proprietary Patent Pending process that makes Real Reef mimic some of the best coral Live Rock shapes the aquarium industry has seen!
Real Reef’s beautiful shades of Purple, Pink and Red come from a water based non-toxic natural pigment. These proprietary pigments are injected and applied through several techniques and processes. Every piece of Real Reef is hand made by our Artisans here at our U.S. facility with pride and creativity. Real Reef is made, grown in the U.S.A and always will be!
Once the Real Reef Rocks are created, they go through a pre grow-out preparation. This pre grow-out freshwater curing process lasts for a minimum of 12 weeks. Once the rock has completed the curing process, it is then transferred to saltwater grow-out for a minimum of 12-16 weeks. Our marine grow-out facility consists of large 3,000 and 10,000 gallon fiberglass raceways in our climate controlled greenhouses. It is in these filtered closed system raceways that Real Reef becomes a biologically active aquarium rock. It is from these grow-out raceway systems that Real Reef is prepared, packed and shipped to distributors and retailers worldwide.
All rock can be fragile. Some breakage can be expected while shipping heavy items like this. We make every effort to open, inspect and securely pack each box before it's leaves us. We have no control how the carriers handle it and some may break during shipping. Unfortunately, this is not covered by insurance so we are unable to replace broken pieces.