Triton Sump 44 (44" x 16") - Trigger Systems
The Triton series is designed to work with the Triton method which is becoming increasingly popular as it does not require water changes, which no one enjoys. One of the main requirements for the Triton method is to have a refugium sized at roughly 10% of the display tank volume. The TRITON44 refugium will hold 18 gallons when at the highest water level setting (11.5″) allowing it to support tanks up to 180-200 gallons.
The TRITON44 has 3 main sections. Water enters the sump through the three input fittings. A filter sock holder allows for placing 4″ filter socks under each input. Water then flows through the large refugium section that has a lid to prevent noise and water evaporation. Water then flows through the overflow teeth in the adjustable wall into Section 2.
Section 2 is typically where the protein skimmer is located. Water purposely exits Section 2 by flowing under the aquamarine wall to allow proteins to remain at the surface maximizing the potential for the protein skimmer to extract from the system. The water then flows through the media platform and foam filter block into Section 3. The media platform can be used to allow for several different filtration methods (bag of carbon, bio balls, bio media, rubble rock, etc.).
Section 3 is the return section where the return pump will sit, pumping water back to the display tank.
- Configurable input fitting plate (Patent Pending)
- Refugium clear polycarbonate lid
- Algae blocker
- Cable/Hose organizers
- Media platform with foam filter block
- Laser engraved water level indicator
- Four position countersunk probe holder
- Quick connect 1/4″ hose input fittings for dosing and ATO inputs, one in refugium section and four in return section
- Aquamarine blue coloring accents, solid white bottom and smoke back and around refugium section to block light and prevent unwanted algae growth in other sections
Dimensions: 44″ long x 16″ wide x 15″ high
Refugium Section: 23″ x 15.5″ (~18 gallons)
Skimmer Section: 11.5″ x 15.5″
Return Pump Section: 6″ x 15.5″
Total Water Volume: 43 gallons
Refugium Water Level: 8″ to 11.5″
Skimmer Water Level: 7″ to 9.5″ adjustable
Drain Input Fittings: 1″ (x4), 3 main, 1 configurable
Filter Sock: 4″ (x3)