In this video learn all about the new FMK from Neptune Systems. The FMK includes the FMM (Fluid Monitoring Module), one 1" flow sensor, and two 1/2" flow sensors. More product info can be found at www.neptunesystems.com/fmk or www.neptunesystems.com/fmm-accessories
FMK - Flow Mon...In this video learn all about the new FMK from Neptune Systems...
Posted by SeaGrass on Sep 18th 2017
Installed easily. Not too bulky. Seems to be built well. Apex recognized immediately. Configured properly.
Wow I was only pushing 228gph with well known DC pump. Looked like enough flow I was wrong. I aim for 3-5x rate of turnover thru sump. I am energy conscious. Don't need the extra heat produced or energy consumed. I reconfigured plumbing and bought a much larger pump. I figure a big pump will move more water at lower wattage. Hit my target at 3.7x turnover at only 35 watts. Awesome. I have extra power and a way to measure flow thru reactor. The other features listed are a bonus. This is a great add on to check something that consumes energy 24x7 and takes guesswork out of flow thru.
Posted by Unknown on Apr 6th 2017
Like all the Neptune modules it takes a little bit to set it up, but once done it is a great unit.
The Fluid Monitoring Kit Includes:
- 1x - FMM Fluid Monitoring Module
- 1x - 1" Flow Sensor (FS-100)
- 2x - 1/2" Flow Sensor (FS-50)
- 2x - 1" Unions
- 4x - 1/2" Adapters
FMK What's In The Box?
The FMM (Fluid Monitoring Module) is a multi-purpose module that, with the help of various accessories, enables your Apex to do:
- Flow Monitoring
- Leak Detection
- Water Level Detection
- Power 24VDC accessories
- Future sensors
Measuring the flow of your aquarium’s main return pump is an incredibly useful piece of information. The key benefit would be to have the Apex notify you the instant the flow stops for any reason — usually the result of a failed or faulty pump. Furthermore, an indication of a reduced flow rate could be used to determine that the pump or the lines are dirty or are becoming clogged with algae, debris, animals, or the growth of organisms inside your plumbing.
Auxiliary pumps on reactors and the like
This is a very handy application for the FMM. Place a flow sensor on a device like a carbon/gfo/biopellet reactor and it serves many purposes. First off, you will know if your pump is not not flowing correctly or failed altogether. Next, you can easily fine-tune the flow into the reactor by watching the dashboard tile on your Apex. Finally, you can know when the reactor is becoming clogged with detritus or possibly channeling has occurred by an alert on your Apex or by monitoring your dashboard.
Put a flow sensor inline to your device, plug it in to the FMM, and see exactly the flow rate of the water (any aquarium fluid really) going through that sensor. The industrial-grade flow sensors work use either a turbine or paddle-wheel mechanism (depending on the model) to measure the flow.
It is important to note that the flow rate that will be reported back to you from the flow sensors will likely be far lower than you expect or what is printed on the pump label or documentation. This is due to head pressure loss from physical height differences, long runs, restrictions such as ball valves, fittings like elbows, tees, and reducers, and then finally the loc-line many use as the entry point into their tanks. As an example, a pump rated at 3200gph will likely be showing less than half that amount in nearly all applications.
With the FMK – Fluid Monitoring Kit you get one 1″ Flow Sensor as well as two 1/2″ Flow Sensors. For North American customers, adapter fittings are also provided.
(The 1/2″ sensors are rated for flow rates from 30-250 gph. The 1″ flow sensors are rated for flow rates from 150-1500 gph.)
ONE PORT FREE – ADD ANOTHER SENSOR!
The FMK comes with three flow sensors but the FMM has a total of four ports. This means you have one port free to use for another purpose. Buy additional flow sensors (available also in 2″ and 1/4″ sizes) or choose from one of the options below and add even more functionality!
OPTICAL WATER-LEVEL SENSOR (OPTIONAL)
There are many useful purposes for water-level sensors on an aquarium. They can help you build an auto-top-off, monitor the levels in your supplement containers, even help automate saltwater mixing containers. Traditionally float switches have been the most commonly used types of these devices, however they are prone to all kinds of failure. On the other hand, the solid-state, optically-controlled sensors used with the FMM are much more reliable and dependable.
These optical sensors work by using an LED emitter and receptor in a clear enclosure such that when it becomes wet, the light bends and no longer completes the circuit.
Easy to use
Of course you could always add water-level sensors to your Apex – but it was more complicated than most users could handle. Now, with the FMM and these optical water-level sensors, you just plug them in! No wire-stripping, no breakout box necessary!
LEAK DETECTION (OPTIONAL)
In addition to flow monitoring and level-detection, the FMM can be used for leak detection. Simply plug in up to four of our new, super-sensitive leak detection probes and place them where you want that oh-so-important protection for your floors, and your marriage! There is one sensor for solid surfaces and another slimline version for use under carpets.
DC24 ACCESSORY PORT BUILT-IN!
The FMM has another trick up it’s sleeve. In addition to the four sensor ports, the FMM also has a DC24 accessory port and a power supply input. This adds another controllable outlet to your Apex set up. So, for instance, if you do want to make your own ATO and attach our available PMUP or Solenoid Valve, you can do so. Simply add our 36W 24V DC power supply (available separately).
There are tons of online stores out there, Why are we Different?
- Free 2 Day Shipping - Free 2 Day Shipping on Products $35+ from select manufactures.
- Free Shipping on EVERYTHING - No Minimum Purchase, Everything we sell ships Free at no cost to you. Red Sea Aquariums, Salt, Sand, Chillers, Everything.
- Free Stuff - We offer tons of Free Samples, Shirts, Stickers and plenty more just for giving us your business!
- Up to 5% Future Rewards for EVERYONE - There are no Preferred Clubs or Groups to Join.
- Free Returns - Returns of any Items (Both Brand New and USED) within 30 days are Always FREE! We personally strive to never have any returns.
- Apple Pay - You can checkout with Apple Pay, submit your order with your thumbprint and we will never see your payment information. Awesome!
- Military & Civil Service Discount - As a small token of our appreciation, we offer a Military & Civil Servant discount. A Bonus 5% Reward Points on 90% of what we carry. SaltwaterAquarium.com deeply appreciates all military men and women & first responders for their service.
- Automatic Price Matching - Just click the Price Match button under Add to Cart. No need to email your price match.
- Text Message 717.408.8337 Support - No one uses the phone anymore, just text us 717.408.8337. We will do our best to help!
- Live Chat - We offer LIVE WEB CHAT Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm EST. Get instant access to our customer support & your questions answered.
- Credit Card Security - We do not keep any Credit Card Numbers on File. Our checkout page is plugged directly into paypal credit services so we don't even know your card number when you order.
- Website Security HTTPS - Our entire site is HTTPS Secure, not just the checkout page. Your entire browsing session is encrypted and secure. We have an ESV level SSL Certificate which includes business identity authentication, strong 256-bit encryption, 2048-bit root, $1.5M USD warranty & a GeoTrust dynamic Secured Seal trust mark.
Have questions? Just ask - firstname.lastname@example.org or Text Message us at 717.408.8337