Xport NO3 Plate - 9" x 8" x 1.50" - Brightwell Aquatics
Xport-NO3 Ultra-activated Denitrification Media with Superior Performance Characteristics.
- Utilizes NanoIntelex Technology to create an enhanced, "ultra-activated" material with the capacity to outperform conventional denitrification media by over 300%
- Open structure and high surface area results in superior flow-through characteristics and filtration efficiency.
- Higher efficiency relative to conventional media results in smaller space requirements to achieve equivalent denitrification.
- May be employed to rapidly decrease nitrate in even the most heavily-stocked systems.
- Eliminates the need to perform water changes that are carried out for the express purpose of decreasing nitrate in an aquarium system.
- May be used in conjunction with Xport-BIO and Xport-PO4
Nominal 9" x 4.50" x 2.50" for Aquascaping, Biofiltration, and Coral Propagation
Because our material is not fired or heated, but chemically hardened:
- Surface area over 10 times as high as any competing products (many times hundreds to thousands of times as high)
- Wicks water and stays wet for days after a pump fails, allowing bacteria to remain alive much longer and be ready when a system upset is repaired.
- We can dope it with sulfur, ferric oxyhydroxide or almost any other material to facilitate bacterial growth or remove pollutants
- It contains coral aragonite powder to buffer pH and provide for bacteria life longevity.
- We can make it in almost any shape and size - to fit a specific filter system.
Use one XPort NO3 BRICK for every 1,000 U.S. gallons (3,800 L) of system capacity, more for heavy bio loads. Rinse material well with aquarium water or purified tap water. For superior results, seed the material well with the aquarium water or purified tap water. For superior results, seed the material using FLORINBACTER, MICROBACTER7 or MICROBACTER CLEAN as appropriate for your aquarium, by placing XPORT BIO BRICK in a plastic container, filling it with aquarium water, and ten adding the full recommended dose of either bacterial product,based on the size of your aquarium, to that container. Allow to stand overnight and then add the seeded XPORT BIO BRICK to your system. You may also add the water back to your aquarium if desired. It is recommended that you use sponge, fine filter floss or other material. For maximum results, also provide a good carbon source of growing bacteria, such as Brightwell KATALYST bio pellets or liquid REEF BIO FUEL or FLORIN AXIS as appropriate for your aquarium, as directed on their label.