Hello Mobius - Goodbye EcoSmart Live!
Vectra and VorTech are now compatible with Mobius.
EcoTech is now shipping all VorTech and Vectra pumps with Mobius firmware onboard.
- Mobius firmware pumps will be identified with stickers on the boxes.
- Mobius firmware pumps can be downgraded through the Mobius app to run with EcoSmart Live. This is required to control the pumps via a Neptune Systems Apex WXM Module.
- Published flow numbers are changing to more accurately describe actual flow produced by pumps however pump design and performance is not changing.
- Existing pumps running ESL firmware pumps will be upgradeable through the Mobius app to Mobius firmware and compatibility in the near future.
- ESL (EcoSmart Live) will continue to operate and be supported.
- Physical on pump driver control is not changing.
To accomplish firmware changeovers effectively please be aware/utilize the following.
- Expect firmware changeovers to take roughly 10 minutes per device.
- If updating make sure the device has the correct hardware to update - review EcoSmart Live under the devices tab to identify this.
- Follow app instructions and remove devices from EcoSmart or Mobius tanks in your profile, then factory reset devices. This will reduce the likelihood of interference when performing the update/rollback.
- Make sure your smart device will be able to remain in wireless range, is powered/has battery and will not shutdown/lock during the process.
- If your smart device can receive phone calls, put the device in airplane mode and then re-enable Bluetooth. This will prevent an incoming call from disrupting data transfer during the process.
- Be patient - some parts of the process may take several minutes and some devices may take longer than others.