Reduce Nitrates and eliminate Algae problems with Solid Carbon Dosing. Pure PHA Bio Pellet Pearls! N+P reducing algae prevention. Metabolix is the original supplier of genuine pure Biopellets tested and created for the aquarium market. Real Pearl shaped pellets. Large, plump pillow shaped pearls, best for fluidizing. Bio-Pellet Resin is made from all natural plant material and biodegrades in water. As the pellet's degrade they release carbon into the water which promotes the growth of nitrogen fixing bacteria. These bacteria convert nitrates and ammonia into nitrogen gas and proteins. Add pellets to a fluidized bed reactor connected to your aquarium. Adjust flow to insure that the pellets swirl slightly towards the top of the reactor. Replace with more pellets as they degrade to about 50%. Use 8-16 fluid ounces (1-2 cups) per treatment. This resin is fully tested for contact with aquarium environments and designed for the purpose of di-nitrification of tank water. Best in fluidized media reactor, but can be run in media bag.
- BIO PELLETS: 100% Pure PHA biodegrable plastic resin pellets for removing phosphates and nitrates in water.
- REDUCES ALGAE: Bio pellets reduce algae by feeding bacteria that break down algae's food source, nitrates and phosphates.
- RINSE BEFORE USE: Give a quick rinse with RO water to remove any dust from shipping.
- SAFE FOR ALL AQUARIUMS: Works in saltwater and freshwater aquariums & ponds
- MADE IN USA: Family owned and operated; produced entirely in the USA Cobranded with Kolar Labs Metabolizx DP9002 Bio Pellets
*RECOMMENDED: Recirculating reactors have become very popular and effective at controlling the power of the Bio Pellets, by controlling the flow through the reactor directly into protein skimmer, you can allow trace levels of nitrates to remain, potentially helping the colors of SPS corals and others, while tumbling the pellets strongly within the reactor at any flow rate, eliminating clumping, bio film, or break in problems. Simply increase flow through to reduce nitrates to desired level.
- Standard dose for new or exceptionally low nutrient tanks is approximately 1 cup, per 50 gallons in a fluidized reactor. For aquariums with measurable nitrates, 1/2 to even 1/4 starting dose is recommended for first 3-4 weeks, increasing weekly thereafter. Once system is established, overdose is not possible.
- Add or replace Bio Pellets as needed to keep reactor full. Pro tip: do not let pellets dissolve to below 1/2 the original amount or you may notice reduced effectiveness.
- For best results, water exiting Bio Pellet should flow directly into a quality protein skimmer intake. Pro tip: Remove all sponges before and after media in reactors and replace with plastic mesh to prevent clogging. Add small check valve to pump side of water line/keep return line submerged, to prevent back siphoning into pump in a power cut.
- Rinse and soak new media, in D.I. or tank water for up to 24 hours to prevent floating. If reactor gets clogged, dump contents into 5-gallon bucket with tank water, stir and poor off debris. Media can then be returned to reactor in part or whole. Keep pellets moving within reactor to prevent clumping or clogging. Pro-tip: Tiny air bubbles can stick to new pellets, causing them to float initially, watch for floating pellets against top screen after new media is placed in reactor, gently tap on reactor, or stop and restart the pump, to get Pellets to fluidize and prevent clogging.
- Keep significant aeration in aquarium system, especially at night during first 3-4-week cycle period. Use Protein skimmer, aggressive surface agitation, and/or air bubbles, to keep O2 levels up and allow for CO2 removal.
- Aquariums with measurable Nitrates above 20-40ppm, Monitor and watch for reduced PH, buffer to increase PH if necessary. Many bacterial additives are available to help prevent initial bacterial blooms. Watch for initial cloudiness during first 4 weeks, indicating a bacterial bloom. If substantial cloudiness occurs, reduce quantity of pellets by 1/2 and do water change. Recirculating reactors with efficient protein skimmers, reduce or eliminate these potential problems!
Why Choose to Shop with Us?
- Pay with Amazon Pay - No need to type in billing, shipping addresses or credit card info, just log in to amazon and select the info you already have saved with amazon to purchase from us! Easy, simple and quick.
- Fast & Free Shipping - No Minimum Purchase, Our Free Shipping option averages 2.3 days in transit.
- Same Day Shipping - All Orders placed before 1 PM EST ship Same Day. Meaning your tracking will actually work the same day as your order.
- Free Stuff - We offer tons of Free Samples, Shirts, Stickers and plenty more just for giving us your business!
- 5% Cash Back Rewards - There are no Preferred Clubs or Groups to Join.
- Free 2 Day Shipping - Free 2 Day Shipping on Products $35+ from select manufactures.
- PayPal Financing - Want to buy a new tank without having to pay for all of it upfront? No Problem, use you PayPal Credit program to spread out the payments.
- Free Returns - Returns of any Items (Both Brand New and USED) within 30 days are Always FREE!
- Apple Pay - You can checkout with Apple Pay, submit your order with your thumbprint and we will never see your payment information. Awesome!
- Military & Civil Service Discount - As a small token of our appreciation, we offer a Military & Civil Servant discount. A Bonus 5% Reward Points on 90% of what we carry. SaltwaterAquarium.com deeply appreciates all military men and women & first responders for their service.
- Automatic Price Matching - Just click the Price Match button under Add to Cart. No need to email your price match.
- Text Message 717.408.8337 Support - No one uses the phone anymore, just text us 717.408.8337. We will do our best to help!
- Live Chat - We offer LIVE WEB CHAT Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm EST. Get instant access to our customer support & your questions answered.
- Credit Card Security - We do not keep any Credit Card Numbers on File. Our checkout page is plugged directly into paypal credit services so we don't even know your card number when you order.
- Website Security HTTPS - Our entire site is HTTPS Secure, not just the checkout page. Your entire browsing session is encrypted and secure. We have an ESV level SSL Certificate which includes business identity authentication, strong 256-bit encryption, 2048-bit root, $1.5M USD warranty & a GeoTrust dynamic Secured Seal trust mark.
Have questions? Just ask - firstname.lastname@example.org or Text Message us at 717.408.8337