PNS ProBio (16 oz) Live Bacteria - Hydrospace
PNS Probio Live purple non-sulfur bacteria (Rhodopseudomonas palustris):
- Live Food for Coral high in protein and vitamin B12
- Removes Ammonia.
- Removes Phosphates.
- Free Swimming.
- Selectively consumed by corals.
- This bacterium actively seeks out coral for colonization.
- Lives inside the coral with zooxanthellae.
- Naturally lives in freshwater and saltwater (intended for use in both).
- Produces a hormone for plant growth.
- Breaks down organic waste (both dissolved and particulate), including detritus, mulm, fish food, and fish waste.
- Probiotic for fish gut health.
- Great for establishing bacteria due to "old tank syndrome"
- Establishing bacteria after medicating.
- Intended for regular use after aquarium cycling.
- Can be soaked in herbivore fish food to help break down cellulose in fish gut.
- Probiotic for fish gut.
- Not scientifically proven but known to prevent and out-compete bacteria causing RTN in coral.
- Can outcompete algae and cyanobacteria by form of nutrient processing and uptake.
Rhodopseudomonas palustris (branded ProBio by Hydrospace) has proven itself for many years in fisheries and hatcheries. The product is safe to use around people and pets. Rhodopseudomonas palustris (ProBio) is naturally prevalent in both freshwater and saltwater in the wild making top 10 genera found in a healthy reef, and Rhodopseudomonas rubrum (Substrate Sauce) ranking top 13.
Directions: Shake Bottle. When used as an aquarium/aquaponic inoculant, add one 16 fl oz bottle for every 400 gal system water (1.25 ml per gallon system water) in an area of high flow. For best results, cut ultraviolet/ozone sterilization for the first 24 hours of each application. May be re-dosed regularly as desired for continuous feeding or nutrient and dissolved organics management. Store at room temperature and can tolerate temperature swings of 34°F to 130°F. Sealed product shelf life of 8 months.
Ingredients: Contains reconstituted water (distilled water with restored natural minerals), 100% organic growth medium and live purple non-sulfur bacteria (Rhodopseudomonas palustris).