If you are trying to seed a new aquarium or looking to boost Pod populations in your established system, Poseidon’s Feast will get the job done. With over 3000+ live copepods in every 16oz’s of Poseidon’s Feast you can rest assured that finicky feeders such as Mandarin Dragonets, Seahorses, Anthias, Corals, Clams, and other Filter Feeding Invertebrates will always have a continuous supply of live, nutritious food. Our pods are 100% viable to reproduce within a marine environment as they grow and carryout their natural lifecycle in your aquarium. As some of the smallest mouths in a balanced ecosystem, a healthy population of Copepods is a critical, yet often overlooked part of any “Clean Up Crew”.
OceanMagik is a unique blend of Four Live Phytoplankton species, specifically selected to provide your corals, Pods, and filter feeders a complete diet of highly nutritious essential fatty acids, proteins, vitamins, amino acids and carotenoids.OceanMagik will continuously feed your corals, clams, copepods, and other filter-feeding invertebrates. It is also designed to improve water quality by out competing nuisance algae for Nitrate and Phosphate. As the Live Phytoplankton in OceanMagikreproduces, it consumes nitrate and phosphate in the aquarium. This rapid growth leaves less of these chemicals available for use by unwanted algae; restricting unwanted algae growth. Only a LIVE product can offer both of these benefits as “dead” products do not reproduce and immediately begin decomposing into Nitrate and Phosphate. OceanMagik is a natural way to balance your tank and it will not cloud your water. Prolonged use ofOceanMagik will also stabilize pH.
Below is some information about the species of pods included in our Poseidon’s Feast Live Copepod product:
Large, red, and packed with omega-3 fatty and amino acids, Tigriopus copepods make a nutritious meal for even the finickiest of fish. These Pods typically inhabit the water column and are very jerky when they move, making them an easy target for your critters. Females will lay hundreds of eggs during their life cycle thus adding to your “Clean Up Crew” by consuming detritus, invasive algae, and phytoplankton in your aquarium.
These smaller, yet hardy copepods tend to inhabit the cracks and crevasses of live rock and macro algae. Hiding helps them to maintain their population in marine aquaria. Their nocturnal nature makes them a sustainable food source in your tank and keeps your fish entertained and “on the hunt”. In addition to being a highly nutritious treat for your fish, they also add to your “Clean Up Crew” by consuming detritus, phytoplankton and invasive algae in your aquarium. Think of these guys as the smallest mouths in your food chain.
Always ensure Poseidon’s Feast is dosed at room temperature to avoid temperature shock and ensure maximum pod activity and survival. Active pods will elicit a stronger feeding response from fish and be able to find refuge in your aquarium more quickly. A quick way to “acclimate” the pods to your tank temperature is to float the bag in your aquarium or sump for 10 minutes, the label will not deteriorate.
There are a couple different ways we suggest dosing Poseidon’s Feast depending on your desired outcome:
If your goal is to treat your fish to a healthy, live snack then we recommend adding the desired amount of Poseidon’s Feast directly into a high-flow area of the aquarium during your regular feeding time. Preferably when the lights are on so that the fish can see and pursue the pods.
If you do not use the entire bottle of Poseidon’s Feast at once it can be safely stored for later use. We recommend storing the unused portion in the fridge with the lid off to allow oxygen exchange to occur. If stored in the fridge with the lid off, Poseidon’s Feast Pods will remain alive for up to 4 weeks after the factory seal is broken*. If stored at room temperature with the lid off, Poseidon’s Feast Pods will remain alive for up to 2 weeks after the factory seal is broken. Storing the Pods at fridge temperatures slows down their metabolism and prolongs their “shelf life” but does not kill them.
*Note: Poseidon’s Feast can be stored unopened in the fridge until the “Use By” date marked on every bottle. However, it should be noted that once opened the Pods become re-oxygenated and, if stored with the lid off in the fridge, can last up to an additional 4 weeks after the “Use By” date printed on the bottle.
If your goal is to seed a new aquarium with Pods or increase Pod population in an established system we recommend the following method:
- Turn off Return Pump, and any Circulation Pumps
- Turn off UV sterilizer and Protein Skimmer (If applicable)
- Pour entire contents of Poseidon’s Feast Bag into refugium, display tank, or a mix of both*.
- Wait 15 minutes to allow Pods to settle into the Rocks and/or Macro Algae.
- Resume normal equipment operation.
*Note: Pods will reproduce best in the refugium as there are ideally no predators in this area. As they live and reproduce, some will naturally make their way through the return into the display providing a continuous food source to inhabitants. If you do not have a refugium, no problem, copepods will still live and reproduce in the live-rock and substrate of your display tank, canister filter, sump etc..
No matter what method you choose, Pod populations can be grown and maintained using our OceanMagik Live Phytoplankton Blend. This unique blend of Live Phytoplankton strains provides a nutritious food source for Copepods and is the same blend we use to culture our Pod
What’s In OceanMagik Live Photoplankton?
OceanMagik is a unique blend of the four Live Phytoplankton species described below:
Nannochloropsis gaditana :: Non-flagellated Yellow/Green :: 1 – 5 microns This tiny green algae consumes several nitrogen waste compounds including ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates. This helps if you have an overfeeding problem, if you are adding a new critter to your tank, or if you want to reduce the frequency of water changes.
Tetraselmis sp :: Green Biflagellate :: 6 – 10 microns With a rich and varied amino/ fatty acid profile, Tetraselmis provides a very nutritional feed for your marine life and zooplankton. Due to its highly nutritional makeup, Tet is commonly used in large aquaculture facilities.
Isochrysis galbana :: Brown Biflagellate :: 10 – 14 micronsThis complex brown algae is high in DHA and often used to enrich zooplankton such as copepods and brine. Dosing your tank with Isochrysis will boost zooplankton and copepod levels. It will also help with the development, coloration, and resilience of your marine life. Isochrysis is the most commonly used algae for oysters, clams, mussels, and scallops
Thalassiosira weissflogii :: Unflagellated Diatom :: 5 – 32 microns Thal is the largest strain of phytoplankton we offer. As a beneficial diatom, this algae consumes silicates, restricting the growth of harmful dinoflagellates and silicates. It has also been shown to reduce cycle time in a new tank.
Add 5ml per 10gal 3-4 times per week for the first week. Increase by 2ml each week for three weeks, then adjust as needed.
- Refrigerate. Do not freeze.
- Shake bottle periodically to prolong useful life.
- Spot-feed corals and inverts to maximize growth
- Use with Poseidon’s Feast live copepods to establish or maintain “Clean Up Crew”
- Gradually increase OceanMagik dose to accelerate coral growth and increase copepod populations.
Algae Barn at ...https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/brands/AlgaeBarn.html?sort=b...
VIP Customer Reviews
Community Product Reviews
There are tons of online stores out there, Why are we Different?
- Free 2 Day Shipping - Free 2 Day Shipping on Products $35+ from select manufactures.
- Free Shipping on EVERYTHING - No Minimum Purchase, Everything we sell ships Free at no cost to you. Red Sea Aquariums, Salt, Sand, Chillers, Everything.
- Free Stuff - We offer tons of Free Samples, Shirts, Stickers and plenty more just for giving us your business!
- Up to 5% Future Rewards for EVERYONE - There are no Preferred Clubs or Groups to Join.
- Free Returns - Returns of any Items (Both Brand New and USED) within 30 days are Always FREE! We personally strive to never have any returns.
- Apple Pay - You can checkout with Apple Pay, submit your order with your thumbprint and we will never see your payment information. Awesome!
- Military & Civil Service Discount - As a small token of our appreciation, we offer a Military & Civil Servant discount. A Bonus 5% Reward Points on 90% of what we carry. SaltwaterAquarium.com deeply appreciates all military men and women & first responders for their service.
- Automatic Price Matching - Just click the Price Match button under Add to Cart. No need to email your price match.
- Text Message 717.408.8337 Support - No one uses the phone anymore, just text us 717.408.8337. We will do our best to help!
- Live Chat - We offer LIVE WEB CHAT Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm EST. Get instant access to our customer support & your questions answered.
- Credit Card Security - We do not keep any Credit Card Numbers on File. Our checkout page is plugged directly into paypal credit services so we don't even know your card number when you order.
- Website Security HTTPS - Our entire site is HTTPS Secure, not just the checkout page. Your entire browsing session is encrypted and secure. We have an ESV level SSL Certificate which includes business identity authentication, strong 256-bit encryption, 2048-bit root, $1.5M USD warranty & a GeoTrust dynamic Secured Seal trust mark.
Have questions? Just ask - firstname.lastname@example.org or Text Message us at 717.408.8337