null
In Stock
Clean Up Crews

Upside-Down Jellyfish - Chicago

$17.99

Bulk discount rates

  • Buy 2 - 4 get 5% off
  • Buy 5 - 9 get 10% off
  • Buy 10+ get 15% off
Upside-Down Jellyfish - Chicago
Upside-Down Jellyfish - Chicago
Current Stock:
$17.99
In Stock - Get it tomorrow Wed, Feb. 28th with paid overnight shipping, order by 1 pm today.
Shipping: All Live Animals are Shipped Fedex Priority Overnight in insulated cooler boxes with appropriate heat/cold packs. We only ship live animals on Monday - Thursday via Priority Overnight. There is a $39.99 Fee for all Live Animal Orders under $179.

Frequently Bought Together:

Upside-Down Jellyfish - Chicago
Inc. Sales Tax
Ex. Sales Tax

Description

JELLIES WILL SHRINK UP IN SHIPPING - GIVE THEM TIME TO "INFLATE" AND ACCLIMATE

Upside-down jellyfish have a flattened bell so they can easily rest on sediment. The bell continuously pulses in order to push water over the jellyfish’s tissue, providing it with oxygen and bringing food. Their eight oral arms that extend upwards when resting are branched, splayed out, and typically green/grey/blue in color. This color comes from a photosynthetic algae called zooxanthellae, which lives inside the jellyfish’s tissue. They are also capable of swimming, using regular contractions of the bell to push them through the water.

The upside-down jellyfish has a symbiotic relationship with the zooxanthellae living in its oral arms. The algae are provided with shelter and in return the zooxanthellae provide the jellyfish with up to 90% of its nutritional needs, the other 10% coming from feeding on zooplankton. The jellyfish capture zooplankton by stunning them with stinging cells (nematocysts), located in their oral arms and using a mucus they release. They then consume the zooplankton through mouths located on their oral arms.

Clean Up Crews only Ship on Monday - Thursday to avoid sitting in hot/cold trucks & warehouses over weekends.  They all ship via Overnight Service.

Clean Up Crew Basics & Why Ours are Different!

  1. We ship UPS Next Day on All Orders, no slow shipping no USPS, we want the best chance of success for all your tank inhabitants.
  2. All of our invert tanks are Fallow, we do not keep them with fish.
  3. If you have an issue with something dying, we will make it right by refund or reshipment. We know buying livestock online can be tricky at times.
  4. We don't buy/sell micro pea sized livestock. All of our snails, crabs, etc we purchase Medium to X Large sizes. I hate buying clean up crews online and getting hundreds of small barely viable inverts.
  5. We check your shipping location before packing and include the appropriate number of heat/cold packs. Being a larger company we aren't afraid to spend more on shipping and packing to give your animals the best chance at thriving.
  6. Flat Rate UPS Next Day Air anywhere in the lower 48 states.
  7. We are building this program from the ground up so we can control everything. We do not drop ship. We control the animals we select, the husbandry, prep, pick, pack, ship. The entire process.  We are just getting started.

Product Reviews