KH Alkalinity - Carbonate Hardness Water Analysis
Alkalinity is essentially a means of quantifying the stability of pH in a solution, such as aquarium water. It is a measure of the concentration of various negatively charged ionic compounds (anions) such as carbonates, bicarbonates, borate and hydroxides in the aquarium water. If left unchecked, the alkalinity drops below a critical level and pH begins to fluctuate more wildly than is normally suggested (a daily pH shift of +/-0.2 is normal in marine aquaria), causing stress to livestock. In a marine aquarium, the alkalinity should be between 7° and 10° dKH (German carbonate hardness). In a fresh water aquarium it should never drop below 3° dKH.
Batch validated by NIST* for the most accurate KH readout!
Calibrated Droppers - Every drop is exactly the same size!
Safe Non-toxic Lab Quality Reagents
Easy to Use
50+ tests per kit, depending on KH levels
Acceptable KH reading: 7°-12°dKH (Marine) 3°-7°dKH (Freshwater)
Made In Italy
ELOS AquaTestKH makes it possible to quickly determine the buffering capacity of your aquarium water. It is an high quality product that offers high accuracy thanks to several procedures including: calibrated lab droppers with consistent and predefined drops size, NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) certified samples to validate reagents and strict stock management to supply to our customers ONLY the fresh test production batch available.
Calibrated Droppers - every drop administered is exactly the same size. You can do 1, 2, 3, 4x the test and the result will be always the same! Each predefined drop will produce 0.03 ml each of regent.
NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) certified batch Tested - Samples of each batch produced is sent out to NIST to validate the test reagents for accuracy and consistency.*
Expiration dates, batch and lot numbers in every kit and every reagent - Careful batch management and proper storage within a stable environment results in full life of the test kit
Packaging, instructions and reagents are clearly labelled - Written and illustrated instructions along with professionally calibrated color charts, makes every elos test kit easy to understand and use.
Grading: each drop equals 0.5 dKH°
* a sample of each batch of regents is sent to NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) a independent seawater lab for accuracy.
Why Choose to Shop with Us?
- Pay with Amazon Pay - No need to type in billing, shipping addresses or credit card info, just log in to amazon and select the info you already have saved with amazon to purchase from us! Easy, simple and quick.
- Fast & Free Shipping - No Minimum Purchase, Our Free Shipping option averages 2.3 days in transit.
- Same Day Shipping - All Orders placed before 1 PM EST ship Same Day. Meaning your tracking will actually work the same day as your order.
- Free Stuff - We offer tons of Free Samples, Shirts, Stickers and plenty more just for giving us your business!
- 5% Cash Back Rewards - There are no Preferred Clubs or Groups to Join.
- Free 2 Day Shipping - Free 2 Day Shipping on Products $35+ from select manufactures.
- PayPal Financing - Want to buy a new tank without having to pay for all of it upfront? No Problem, use you PayPal Credit program to spread out the payments.
- Free Returns - Returns of any Items (Both Brand New and USED) within 30 days are Always FREE!
- Apple Pay - You can checkout with Apple Pay, submit your order with your thumbprint and we will never see your payment information. Awesome!
- Military & Civil Service Discount - As a small token of our appreciation, we offer a Military & Civil Servant discount. A Bonus 5% Reward Points on 90% of what we carry. SaltwaterAquarium.com deeply appreciates all military men and women & first responders for their service.
- Automatic Price Matching - Just click the Price Match button under Add to Cart. No need to email your price match.
- Text Message 717.408.8337 Support - No one uses the phone anymore, just text us 717.408.8337. We will do our best to help!
- Live Chat - We offer LIVE WEB CHAT Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm EST. Get instant access to our customer support & your questions answered.
- Credit Card Security - We do not keep any Credit Card Numbers on File. Our checkout page is plugged directly into paypal credit services so we don't even know your card number when you order.
- Website Security HTTPS - Our entire site is HTTPS Secure, not just the checkout page. Your entire browsing session is encrypted and secure. We have an ESV level SSL Certificate which includes business identity authentication, strong 256-bit encryption, 2048-bit root, $1.5M USD warranty & a GeoTrust dynamic Secured Seal trust mark.
Have questions? Just ask - firstname.lastname@example.org or Text Message us at 717.408.8337