Evo 13.5 Gallon Beginner Kit - Mid Level - Fluval
The Perfect Low Budget Beginner Aquarium Kit. This is a great way to get started in the hobby, everything included will help you get started. This setup is perfect for fish only and/or soft corals. We did a YouTube build series for a budget saltwater tank using an Aqueon 20 gallon - much of the same methods apply like aquascaping, filling the tank, cycling, adding fish, clean up crews, etc -
What are differences between the entry level and the mid level?
- We swapped out the money saver rock for Real Reef. Real Reef is already purple and is a nice upgrade.
- We swapped out the Generic Refractometer for a Hanna Salinity Checker HI98319 with a digital read out.
- We included a base set of 3 Salifert Test Kits to begin water testing for keeping starter corals.
All of these upgrades are pieces that you can use if you decide to upgrade to a larger setup later on down the road. These are good first upgrades to your entry level system.
What's Included in The Kit?
- Aquarium - Fluval 13.5 Gallon EVO Peninsula - 20.5" x 11.6" x 7.5"
- Lid - Tight fitting lid with built in LED. LED is perfect for starter corals like star polyps, xenia, toadstool leathers, mushrooms.
- Filter - Build in Powerful 3-stage filtration with oversized mechanical, chemical and biological media
- Heater - Fluval M50 or EHEIM Jager 50 Watt Glass Heater
- 15 lbs of Real Reef Rock
- 10 lbs of Arag-Alive Special Grade Reef Sand - Caribsea
- JW Pet Magnetic Thermometer
- Hanna HI98319 Digital Salinity & Temp Checker
- Fritz 14lb Bag of Salt
- 2 oz Dr Tim's One and Only for Cycling
- Flipper FLOAT Nano Mag Scraper
- Salifert Core Combo of Aquarium Water Test Kits
- 1x SaltwaterAquarium Sticker
This package does not include water, fish, corals or inverts.
What's Included w/the Tank
- Glass aquarium with cover
- LED lighting system
- Safe, low-voltage transformer
- Circulation pump with output nozzle
- Fluval foam filter block with handle
- Fluval activated carbon insert
- Fluval BioMax insert
AQUARIUM CAPACITY | 20.5 x 11.6 x 7.5 in
GO SMALL IN A BIG WAY!
Don't let its size fool you. Evo packs the same performance features as a tank several times its size, but is small enough to fit on any desk or counter top.
A super bright 11000 K LED provides optimal conditions for healthy coral growth color and conditioning, while powerful 3-stage filtration with oversized media delivers amazing water quality.
Go ahead and grow your mini reef with confidence and creativity. Endless possibilities await.
- Stylish honeycomb design conceals back filtration area while looking ultra modern
- Powerful 3-stage filtration with oversized mechanical, chemical and biological media
- Length - (display) 18 5/8", (w/ overflow) 22"
- Width - 11 1/2"
- Height - 12 1/2", (w/ steepled top) 14"
- 11000K high-output LED is appropriate for healthy coral growth
- Sleek, all aluminum waterproof casing
- Convenient touch start day & night illumination