Triton Cube Sump (20" x 20") - Trigger Systems
The Triton series is designed to work with the Triton method which is becoming increasingly popular as it does not require water changes, which no one enjoys. One of the main requirements for the Triton method is to have a refugium sized at roughly 10% of the display tank volume. The TRITON20C refugium will hold 9 gallons when at the highest water level setting (11.5″) allowing it to support tanks up to around 90-100 gallons. The V2 design incorporates a filter sock holder on the main inputs for mechanical filtration to polish the water from time to time if needed. Also, this feature allows you to move back to the more traditional filtration method with filter socks in the future.
The TRITON2OC has 3 main sections. Water enters the sump through the input fittings. A filter sock holder allows for placing 4″ filter socks under each input. Water then flows through the large refugium section that has a lid to prevent noise and water evaporation. Water then flows towards the front of the sump and then to right through the overflow teeth in the adjustable wall into Section 2.
Section 2 is typically where the protein skimmer is located. Water purposely exits Section 2 by flowing under the aquamarine wall to allow proteins to remain at the surface maximizing the potential for the protein skimmer to extract from the system. The water then flows through the media platform and foam filter block into Section 3. The media platform can be used to allow for several different filtration methods (bag of carbon, bio balls, bio media, rubble rock, etc.).
Section 3 is the return section where the return pump will sit, pumping water back to the display tank.
- Refugium clear polycarbonate lid
- Algae blocker
- Independent water level control in refugium and skimmer sections
- Two 4″ Filter Socks included
- Additional 1″ input that can be placed in skimmer or return area
- Cable/Hose organizers
- Media platform with foam filter block
- Laser engraved water level indicator
- Four position countersunk probe holder
- Quick connect 1/4″ hose input fittings for dosing and ATO inputs, one in refugium section and four in return section
- Aquamarine blue coloring accents, solid white bottom and smoke back and around refugium section to block light and prevent unwanted algae growth in other sections
Dimensions: 20″ long x 20″ wide x 15″ high
Refugium Section: 19.5″ x 9.25″ (9 gallons)
Skimmer Section: 10″ x 11″
Return Pump Section: 6″ x 10″
Total Water Volume: 24.3 gallons
Refugium Water Level: 8″ to 11.5″
Skimmer Water Level: 7″ to 9.5″ adjustable
Drain Input Fittings: 1″ (x3), 2 main, 1 configurable
Filter Sock: 4″ (x2)