Coral Clean (250 ml) - Tropic Marin
New corals often introduce unwanted organisms, parasites and/or impurities into the aquarium, which can endanger the old coral population. Tropic Marin® Coral Clean reliably removes the most common epiphytes, parasites and impurities in an easy-to-use bath. The animals that fall off allow immediate monitoring of success that shows whether further baths are necessary.
Tropic Marin® Coral Clean is phosphate-free and less aggressive than other forms of cleaning baths such as Lugol's solution or fresh water.
- Cleans corals from the most common epiphytes, parasites and impurities
- Unlike conventional PVP iodine for wound care, with no phosphates
- Gentle treatment of corals
- No stress to the tank from medication or biocides as it used as a bath
- Immediate monitoring of success, any fallen epiphytes and parasites are left behind in the bath
A glass or plastic container, which holds the coral during the treatment, is filled with sea water from the aquarium. 1 ml Tropic Marin® Coral Clean is dosed into the prepared container per 100 ml water and mixed well with the water. The coral is fully immersed in this short bath and left for ten to fifteen minutes. Before the coral is put back into the aquarium, the coral should be shaken lightly in the bath to shake off any deposits and undesirable adhering organisms.
Coral crabs should be carefully removed before treatment and placed back in the coral after treatment. The water quality of the aquarium should be checked regularly to maintain the health of the corals.
Note: In some cases it can take up to two days for the coral to open fully again after the bath.