Waterproof Submersible Refugium LED EcoChic Light 8831 - Tunze
TUNZE® LED eco chic refugium 8831 for algae cultivation in marine refuges or plant growth in fresh water basins combines both attributes "eco" and "chic" into a highly effective, perfectly-designed aquarium illumination at an absolutely reasonable price. In seawater, Chaetomorpha algae are an excellent economical and easy alternative to many chemicals or resins to eliminate nitrates and phosphates from the aquatic biotope. Thus, it is absolutely sufficient to harvest a handful of algae from time to time to maintain the biological balance in the aquarium.For this purpose, TUNZE® has developed a special LED that effectively promotes algae resp. plant growth in any filter or plant basin with its light spectrum.
- Spectrum especially suitable for refuge and basin for algae growth in seawater and plant growth in freshwater.
- The total consumption is approx. 9 W.
- Can be used in the air and under water.
- Power supply 100-240V/50-60Hz
- Including Magnet Holder for a glass thickness up to 10 mm (3/8").
- Dimensions without the bracket (L x W x H): 305 x 25 x 13 mm (12" x 1" x .7"), cable length 1.5 m (59").
- This lamp contains built-in LED bulbs. The bulbs in the lamp can not be replaced.
The eco chic LED lights with protection class IP 68 operate permanently in the air but also under water. The special manufacturing process doesn't just guarantee the water resistance, it also enables the permanent underwater operation which also relieves the pressure on the aquarium heater. This underwater lighting avoids light reflections on the water surface making the lighting source even more efficient. An immersion depth here of 1 to 2 cm (.4" - .8") is more than adequate.
A compact housing has been developed through the use of the latest components. This can be attached flexibly using the Magnet Holder. Operation with extra-low safety voltage ensures risk-free underwater use without electrical losses.
The built-in overheating protection as a safety function ensures that the performance of the lamps is gradually reduced from 9 W to 7 W at temperatures of approx. 25°C (77°F).