The DOC Skimmers 9415 and 9430 combine very compact design with high performance and are ideal for installation in aquarium cabinets. They feature TUNZE® Hydrofoamers 9420.040 or 9430.040 which ensure proper foam production and water circulation at the same time.
Delivery form: Ready to mount; with cleaning accessories.
- Recommended for salt water aquariums up to 3,500 liters (925 USgal.).
- Immersion depth from 100 to 200 mm (3.9 to 7.8 in.)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 350 x 300 x 490 mm (13.8 x 11.8 x 19.3 in.)
- Water flow rate: adjustable up to 2,500l/h (660 US gal.),
- Air flow performance: adjustable up to 1,800 l/h (476 US gal./h)
- Energy consumption: up to approx. 38 W
- Power supply unit: 100-240V / 50-60Hz
- Cable length: 3 m up to Turbelle® controller
- Skimmer cup volume: 2 liters (.5 USgal.)
- Dimensions of the skimmer cup including lid: ø215 x H.218 mm (8.46" x H. 8.58")
- To be able to take off skimmer cup it must be raised by 71 mm (2.80") at least.
Skimmer cup with large capacity; also contains the foam reactor; can be removed easily.
Intermediate chamber with phase water: The patented Anti-Overfoaming System prevent an overfoaming of the skimmer and regulates the skimming action according to surface tension of the aquarium water and water level. The skimmer operates independently and automatically sets its best efficiency.
Hydrofoamer Silence places the air generator at the top of its product class.
The removable post-filter at the outlet of the skimmer permits perfect mechanical filtration through 300 µm (11.8 mil) nylon mesh with little biological action only. This ensures that no unwanted nutrient and nitrate sources develop in case of longer cleaning intervals. The filter can be filled with other filter media, such as activated carbon or phosphate absorber.
The inner mixing cylinder stabilises the foam rise in the body and ensures bubble-free output water.Stable base which also reduces the water velocity in the lower zone of the skimmer.
“Anti-foaming system” in three steps:
After the improvement of the water parameters, the skimmer returns to the normal operating condition again.
Normal foam production: the foam rises evenly into the foam reactor.
Overfoaming A: Foam production increases due to the surface tension and pulls the bubbles out of the foam reactor.
Overfoaming B: Foam production increases further, bubble production is stopped immediately, foam production is reduced.